Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Sappy Post Day 1

Warning: Things are going to get sappy around here.

I have decided that with Thanksgiving only a week away and since we have been talking a ton about gratitude in our house, I would attempt to do a post every day about something I am grateful for.

Birthfamilies

Maya is really in to talking about birthmom Maria lately. In fact, she gets the picture of her and Maria off of her dresser and carries it around the house. She wants to show it to everyone. I love this!

We love our birthfamilies and are so grateful for them. If not for them, we wouldn't be parents.
We have recently started having contact with Kenyon's birthfamily through his birthfather's sister. At first it was a little scary because we didn't know them at all. Now we are welcoming the emails we get.

I truly believe that our children could never have TOO many people who love them. I love that my children have family (both by birth and adoption) all over the country loving and supporting them.

8 comments:

Clarke and Kamie said...

aw, it's true. Aren't your kids so lucky that so many people are in love with them?

Laurel said...

I love gratitude posts. I do them every year. I say, "Bring on the sap!"

Mariel said...

I agree! The more people that love your kids, the better off they will be!

AND...I totally agree with Maya's style of vacationing...

Heidi Hamilton said...

I think it's great - and not sappy - that you are celebrating the things you're grateful for. I think Thanksgiving is largely an overlooked holiday and we all don't spend enough time being thankful for what we have.

Kyle said...

Love the grateful post...great idea!

Courtney said...

Sappy?!!? thats not sappy... What a gun idea, and thats GREAT news about Kenyon's family! :)

Courtney said...

OOPS! I mean GOOD idea! :) I'm constantly telling Blake to STOP SHOOTING YOUR GUNS AT KENZIE!!! Now you know what was on my mind the time of that comment! :)

Tatum said...

It truly takes a community to raise a child. I love your kids! They are a great example to mine, just like you are to me.