Sunday, November 30, 2008

Catch up

I need to play catch up. Since last week all I did was gratitude posts, I need to share some of what has been going on around here.


The other day it rained. We love rain since it rarely happens so even though it was 7:00 am, they marched out there in there PJs and had a blast.




Then came Maya's preschool Thanksgiving Feast.


Our Thanksgiving was heavenly. We went to a buffet at a resort in Scottsdale. The food was amazing, company was lovely and the kids were somewhat well-behaved considering we were there for 3 1/2 hours. They had any kind of meat and seafood you could want and even a kids buffet with mac-n-cheese, chicken nuggets, pizza, etc. My favorite part was the dessert bar with chocolate covered strawberries, cheesecake, bananas foster, pumpkin pie and many more!


Just chewin' on a crab leg

And an oyster


Maya did a pretty good job taking our picture

And Kenyon enjoyed some standing water for dessert



Why did I dress them up?!


And off he goes!

Jer had to work on Friday so I took the kids out shopping at 6:30 am. It was a little crazy, but we scored some great deals!
(self portrait by Maya)

In between everything else, we have been decorating our house and tree. We are ready for Christmas. So ready, in fact, that the kids already saw Santa at the mall. Maya wants a microphone and games and Kenyon just gave him a high 5. He didn't have them sit on his lap. I wonder if there was some law suit so now they can't...



Kenyon loves the Little People Nativity Set. He loves to throw it, but the other day I came down the stairs and he was playing with it so nice. He looked up, saw me and immediately starting throwing them across the room. Stinker!


Happy December tomorrow!

9 comments:

Heidi Hamilton said...

Looks like an awesome Thanksgiving weekend. And I love that the kids are so dressed up. Adorable!

Shane Meredith Mason and Kendall said...

were you drunk in the picture Maya took? You both look high :)
Margarita??!! (not the drink...you know what Im talking about)
The place looks really pretty though, sounds fun. And good job for them lasting that long, my kids wouldnt of!
that is WEIRD about santa...which one? I dont want to go there. Or maybe I do, just to see if that is the rule. Did you ask? did anyone else sit on his lap?
cute pictures...even the drunk/high one

Jess's Journey to the Land Of Skinny said...

Your Thanksgiving sounded really nice and your kids are adorable. Connor would be playing in the water to. That's weird about the Santa. He didn't look to friendly. I wish you would have been here but I had a good time talking to your Mom and Trisha. I told your mom we are going to plan a trip down there sometime this spring so just beware!! P.S. I love the shoes.

Denice said...

Mmmm...I have to get chocolate covered strawberries off my mind so I can leave a message....mm...

OK - looks like you had a wonderful Thanksgiving and the kids look darling!

Debbie said...

We went to superstition mall and the santa had them both climb up on his lap?????
WOnder what that was about??
Weird! I can't beleive you took your kids out to the craziness at 6am! You are one brave girl! :)

Courtney said...

what a fun idea! Your kids both look so cute, all dressed up!

Kyle said...

What? The kids can't sit on Santa's lap...weird?!
I love the pics...Maya's dress is super cute!

Clarke and Kamie said...

it's funny how they just don't care that they are in nice clothes!!! I swear last year the santa in the mall was either drunk or high--he barely said 2 words. Hilarious.
Isn't Christmas the BEST with kids?

Tatum said...

First of all, Maya looks so cute for her preschool feast! Love that picture.

I LOVE that you dressed up the kids for Thanksgiving! Such a cute idea! We wear junkies to allow room for our bellies to fill out.

Very Weird about Santa. I don't see how they can pass that kind of law. If the parent is there and gives permission just for a pic. Maybe that particular Santa is a pedophile? Creepy!