I am very thankful that Jeremy has a job that supports our family. Not only does it financially support our family, but he is home by 4:00 pm every day (by 2:00 in the summer!). It allows us lots of family time to play in the afternoon/evening which is just about the time that "I am done" with being alone with the kids.
I am also grateful that I am able to work part-time from home to bring in a little extra. My pay check is small and Jer often tells me that it is not even worth working, but it is just enough for preschool, music class, dance classes, lunches out with friends, shopping excursions and even some date nights here and there. I love doing what I do - working for the adoption agency. When Maya was born and I wanted to go part-time it was hard to figure out what to do. I loved teaching elementary school, but it is a hard job to do part-time. Even with part-time hours, you still put in so many extra hours that it ends up being full-time. I was contacted by a friend about the adoption agency position. Such a blessing! I work with amazing women, not to mention there is so much drama that I don't even have to watch Desperate Housewives or 90210 to get my share! :)
6 years ago
3 comments:
Jobs are a very good thing to be grateful for. I have been thinking lately how blessed Ryan and I are to be in stable jobs while so many other people are struggling. That is awesome that Jeremy gets to come home at a decent hour to be with your family. It is such an important thing for the dads to bond with their kids. I hope you guys have a Happy Thanksgiving, we are grateful to have you as friends!
Brit, I agree - we're so lucky to have good jobs, aren't we? I forgot what your husband does (do you put that kind of thing on the blog? I'm curious!) - you are so lucky to have him home so early! Seriously. SO lucky.
wow...... I get to have my hubby home 24/7 now-a-days!!!! lol
Also.... Britany.. find me some kids to adopt will ya? what are you waiting for?????hee hee hee
Post a Comment