Wednesday, December 3, 2008

I am about to vent...

And if you don't want to hear about menstrual cycles and negativity, stop reading now!

You have been warned.

I have enjoyed my gratitude posts, but the time has come to vent. Thanksgiving is over and my menstrual cycle is not. Yes, this is the same period I had on Halloween and the week before Halloween. This baby has been hanging on for over six weeks and I am SOOOO done. I have been to the doctor. We are working on figuring out what is going on, but I am really, really, really done with cramps and bloating and bleeding and headaches and irritability. Done!

I warned you, but I needed to get it off my back.

And now I feel better.

Well almost better - let me vent about something else: Kenyon waking up every night crying. He cries out several times in the night. It doesn't usually last long and if I get up and go in, he is usually back asleep so I stay in my bed, but it wakes me up and I am so tired of not getting good, uninterrupted sleep. I have thought it might be night terrors or ear pain (surgery next week will hopefully fix that!) or teething, although it has always been around so that would mean he is always teething (sure feels like it sometimes!). I am so very done with waking up at night. Good thing he is so stinkin' cute and has these cheeks that I nibble on and these eyes that are so innocent.

Okay, now I feel all of the way better. Good night!

P.S. Do you like my Christmas card up top?! My good friend Shantel put that thing together and I love it. Thanks Shan!

9 comments:

Emily B. said...

I'm so sorry to hear about your difficulties... bring it on girl! We're hear to listen ;)

I lOVE your header-- so cute!

Kyle said...

Love the Christmas card...sorry about the rest of the crap!

Tricia said...

So, not to stress you out about the lack of a good night sleep, but between my 4 kids, someone is always up in the night. I keep thinking they are getting old enough now to stay asleep all night, but no! Some habits are hard to break!
Here's to hopin!

The Richards family said...

Call me, I had that same problem for 8 months. IT SUCKS, I know. I do not know what your Dr's are saying but I have fibroids and they thought it was in my uterus and did a D&C, (it ended up it is not in the uterus) but the D&C did help. well I really hope you get some sleep!!!(if you are like me the sleep looks like it will come before the other will stop)

Mariel said...

Having a period for one week a month is bad enough! Ugh! I know how you feel...actually...I've got the same deal, but mine is from the IUD I had put in. I've been bleeding for 7 weeks now...hoping it will stop soon. But, yours sounds more serious...hopefully it's figured out soon. Take care of yourself...find time to get some sleep!

cami said...

Ok, that's just AWFUL! I hope your doc can get that all squared away soon!

Oh, and sleep? I think it's absolutely essential to keeping a mama happy (and functional)! So give yourself a pass and just be lazy. Take a nap while your kids watch a movie or something. Seriously, good sleep is a must!

Your Christmas card is fabulous. Does your friend do this for a living? Just beautiful!

Denice said...

Oh Brit - been there...done that! Had my period for a week before we moved to Spokane. Then on the way here, it decided to come back and overstayed it's welcome for almost 2 months! After doubling up and sometimes tripling up on BC pills per my stupid doctor...then changing doctors because they were so unhelpful...it FINALLY stopped. Hang in there..it's awful but it will come to an end! :)

thearringtonclan said...

errrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr also been there done that... I went and got a complete hysterectomy and HEY PRESTO life has never been better.. In fact I can arrange to go swimming this time next year and know my "old companion" will NOT be with me.... YIPPEEEEEE for hysterectomys.....

Anonymous said...

wow i'm not a doctor or anything but due to the on-going blood lost can also be a reason for so many of them lazy days, wow haven't we all been there. sorry to hear that and my little nephew isn't helping with the late night blues. i hope the doctor can help you please pray about it hun love ya...

Rissa