Thursday, December 18, 2008

Different and the Same


Maya: "Mom, we are different."

Mom: "How?"

Maya: "I have black skin, black nose, black eyes, black hair, beads in my hair." pause

Mom: "How are we the same?"

Maya: "We have toes, eyes to see each other, lips to kiss."



I love our talks about different and the same!

7 comments:

Courtney said...

I LOVE it! Maya IS so smart and SO dang CUTE! :) What a fun girl!

Kyle said...

That is so cute! She is so smart!

Am-Biance said...

So sweet, does that just melt your heart or what?!

Love all the pic's of the kids bundled up...Super cold there huh Brit~ :)ha,ha!!

cami said...

Oh, that's so sweet! She's a doll.

Tara said...

So cute and smart!

Shelly said...

This has absolutely nothing to do with your topic but something in the post brought it to my mind. Remember when we were riding in the bus to visit the Charter school in Colorado with the APA'ers? They told us to bring movies we could watch while on the bus. I brought How to Lose a Guy in 10 days. They put it in to watch and tons of people freaked out! They thought the movie was so offensive and I was evil to bring, let alone own, such a movie. Ha ha. Someone even passed a note to the front of the bus (from the back) asking to please turn off the movie.

Tatum said...

I love kids. They say things so perfectly!