Monday, October 27, 2008

Surviving AZ Summers

You know that it is FINALLY cooling off in Arizona when...

* I turn on the shower to warm it up instead of just jumping right in because the water comes out hot.

* Along those same lines, I no longer have to let the water cool down before brushing my teeth.

* The first thought in my mind as I walk across the parking lot to my car is not, "Get the A/C going!"

* Our house is quiet at night - the A/C is not continuously running.

* We can go to the park during the day and not come home drenched in sweat.


* Maya asked for a jacket the other night when we were out.

So although the highs are still in the 90s, thank you Fall for gracing us - next year feel free to come a little sooner!

3 comments:

Tatum said...

I swear az summers are 7 months long... I need those 5 other months already!

When you're not sweating far after the sun has gone down it is Fall!

Burton Fam said...

probably in feb!!!! ah! i cant wait! do you think maya will remember me?!!!! i have some pretty great pictures i need to send to ya of when she was just a lil' baby! :) love ya

Mandy said...

Britany,
That is so funny. But unfortunately, that is exactly why I cannot get excited about ever wanting to move to AZ. :)