Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Men versus Women

Britany taking off cover plates so Jeremy can replace them (notice my "garbage bag" around my wrist):

Jeremy's aftermath of taking off a cover plate:



Really, why are we so different?! He told me, "We can just pick it up later." Why do we need to add another step is what I say.

We had such a great weekend! We drove out to Mission Viejo to Justin and Midori's (Jer's brother and wife) new pad. They bought a fixer-upper that is going to be so amazing when completed. We worked hard - imagine that show "Flip that House" on TLC. Jer put some major lighting in. Really, we joked that it is going to light up like Griswold's house on the movie, Christmas Vacation. The electric meter will be hopping when they turn on all of those lights.

The men hard at work:





The entire work crew:


Good laughs, good food, good sleep (love to sleep in when kiddos aren't around!), good times! Can't wait to see the finished product when we go back in just 3 weeks! Thanks grandma and grandpa for providing a child-free work environment!

Meanwhile, the kids are welcoming me home in style: Kenyon woke up at 5:15 am this morning, Maya has some major attitude going on, and this is what I walked into the toy room to find today.


I guess he is a boy - "We can just pick it up later!" So much like his daddy.

4 comments:

Courtney said...

That is also SO Ryan... and you know I'm usually the one picking it up later!! :) You'll have to post pictures of the house when its finished! The lights look so neat! ~and don't you just love the way kids welcome you back!! Never fails!! :)

Kyle said...

Sounds like you guys had fun! I totally agree...men and women are SO different (even little boys and little girls...we are BORN different)!

Tatum said...

So funny! And what's funnier is that they never end up picking it up! That's a girl job. They say!

I had a lovely evening visiting with you, and also shopping this morning! We will have to do that more often :) Sorry my kids got out of hand....

Jyll said...

I think the same thing all the time! I loved this entry for sure!