Those of you who know me well, know that I don't function too well after 9:00 pm. So here it is almost 11:00 and I am still up. Here are my thoughts:
Why is this little boy growing up so fast! He is talking more and more everyday and if he is really going to be our last baby (which we think he is!), he really needs to stop growing. Tonight at the park he climbed up the ladder to the big slide all by himself. I don't like it one bit!
This little angel has started coming to me and telling me when kids call her names. Name calling at three?! I can't take it!

My two bffs think they are going to leave me and move back to Utah. Really, they have told me since I moved here that the day would come, but I have been in denial. I think it is coming...
To top it off, after already feeling sad, I read sad blogs. Blogs about loss of loved ones, infertility, sickness, disease, horrible things happening to innocent people, etc, etc, etc. Why? And to Hurricane Ike - I can't help but think of an amazing young woman somewhere in Texas tonight. I went to her small town, south of Houston, a couple of months ago on an adoption trip. Now I see that her town was evacuated. Those who stayed were told to write their names and social security numbers on their arms. Please tell me she left! I can't stop thinking about her.
This is why I go to sleep early - I stop thinking rational and am carried away in my thoughts, thoughts of sadness tonight.
6 comments:
I have had a lot of those late night thoughts lately too. Except I am the one moving and leaving all my friends (and I wonder if I will make any new friends) and My kids like yours will not stop growing. But as I read your blog I did think about what a baby I am being for feeling sorry for myself. I really hope your friend left Texas and is ok. So what was I worring about? Thanks for your blog and reminding me how blessed I am!! Except I still do not think we will be able to stop our kids from growing... DANG IT.
seriously--it's hard to not get depressed when I think how fast my kids are growing. WHAT will I do with myself when they are old and in school all day??? I complain about being a stay at home mom sometimes but really I'm trying to relish every minute before its gone.
I'm with ya--hope the hurricane doesn't cause too much destruction...
I get the same way late at night. Lately I am a complete night owl and I end up reading those sad blogs in between late night cleaning. I also feel anxiety about my kids late at night. It is hard to watch your kids grow up and not be able to control their environment and how they are treated. I always feel better once I wake up in the morning. The good news is...our basement is almost done, so you can come stay with me anytime and see Niki and Shan when and if they do move back. My kids would love the company.
awwww... they have to grow up:-) its hard but we'll eventually love it even more besides its kinda cute to see them grow and learn more. okay the name calling has to stop at three years old thats terrible. i'm not happy about that either Brit its like Wow. what do parents teach their little ones:-(
Brit, I'm pretty sure this is a sign that you are supposed to move back to Utah also. :) Cheer up! Things are also good too, try not to dwell on the bad. Love the picture of you and your boy. He is so cute!
Don't be sad! We'll come visit you all the time... well, at least during the winter months! Who knows, I might end up seeing you more than I do now! And, it still might be awhile yet since we haven't had a soul even come through the house for over two weeks. And, yes, why do these kids grow up so fast? You guys are great parents - I think you should have a few more!! :)
Post a Comment