Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Help!

Some Britany out there owes a ton of collections agencies money and for some reason they have decided that my cell phone is hers. Her name is Britany (last name is my maiden name) and she lives in Pennsylvania. Collectors are calling day and night for her. Any advice? Anyone know her? :)

It might be time to change my cell phone number. That is a big step for me - I have had the same number for 10 years and it is my last tie to Utah since I never changed to an Arizona number. Maybe it is time to bid farewell to Utah and take the Arizona plunge.

9 comments:

Debbie said...

I would change it to an AZ # in a minute! Especially if that is going on! It's time :)

Courtney said...

FAREWELL UTAH!!!!! :) I'd change it!

Heidi Hamilton said...

That sucks! It would be sad and frustrating for me to change it, too - I hate having to change everything that has my # on it. it's too bad they won't just believe you & leave you alone.

The Lees said...

How sad! I have the same phone number as a recycling company in PHX. The only difference is the area code, so I get calls ALL the time for recycling. At first it was so annoying, but over the years it has decreased and now I just give callers the right number so they won't call back!

Mandy said...

Britany, you can call me (and I'll hand the phone to Marcus) if you want details, but that happened to Marcus when we lived in Eagle Mountain (gotta love the last name Brown) and he wrote down their name and number and time they called and then called the police. He was able to stop it totally after saying something to them (sorry, can't remember what!) that the police had him say, or something like that. Like I said, call me if you still want your same phone number (since I also HATE changing phone numbers, such a pain.)

Gardners Glad Tidings said...

Do it! Adios Beehive state, bring on the cactus. We always have blogs!

Anonymous said...

That's crazy! When we went to buy our home, I noticed on my credit report that someone with the exact same name as mine had racked up a Victory Secret card! I was so embarrassed trying to explain that it wasn't mine!

Denice said...

If they are calling day AND night...yes, you should probably change your number! When we changed from UT to WA numbers, our cell company totally screwed up our account so make sure they also transfer your upgrade info, discounts, etc. It will save you LOTS of hassle!!

Anonymous said...

i've had my cell number a little over 5 years in Georgia, i am a hairstylist here as well. I had magnets on my car advertising my business. I had experienced so many different things regarding my phone number, the main aggravation came from private callers and possible stalkers. if i change the number my business will flock. due to all the business cards, flyers, and other promotions. I don't answer at all, i let them hang theirselves. (I need my Business)