Monday, January 21, 2008

Uh-Oh

When our kids are babies and start getting into trouble, instead of telling them "no" all of the time, we say "uh-oh" and move them away. I read about it in a book somewhere and it stuck. So this weekend when Kenyon kept going for grandma's TV, we said, "uh-oh" and moved him away. When he goes toward the stairs to take a dive down, we say "uh-oh" and set him somewhere else. When he stands up in the bath, we say "uh-oh" and sit him down. Get the picture? :)

Since he is hearing this so much lately, he has some new words. He can now say "da-da" and... "uh-oh!"


6 comments:

Molly Bice-Jackson said...

Adorable!

Ok, how old is Maya?? Will she be turning three in Feb? For some reason I was thinking she was older. I'm confused.

Your kids are so darling. Lucy is still in bed right now and its 10:30 a.m. The little squirt has RSV. I feel so bad for her. It's been insanely cold here. Wouldn't it be great if we could have Arizona winters and park City summers?

Miss you guys! And I will email soon with juice on Carson's wedding!

Ashley said...

Such a cute little munchikin voice he has! I love bathtime fun! Oh where did you go to the parade? In Phx? See you later today

Melissa said...

So funny. They will be mad at you when they are older because you posted them naked for all the world to see. LOL!

Britany said...

Ha ha! I tried to be discreet and only show the tops of them, but he stood up! Oh therapy they will be in!! :)

Shane Meredith Mason and Kendall said...

that is sooo cute! I love his voice!

Mariel said...

That's a great idea! I'm gonna try it! I must say 'no' to my kids a thousand times a day!