Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Oh Happy Day!

It is done - Kenyon's adoption is finalized! He is officially our son with all of the rights of a natural born son (I love it when they read that part in court!).

We gathered around our speaker phone at 7:00 am this morning to be on conference call with the courthouse in Florida. Our friend who is an attorney swore us in. The kids were in their PJS, actually Kenyon was in bed asleep - he missed his big moment!

Thank you to everyone for your love, support and prayers during the last 10 month. We certainly felt them! Now we can offer prayers of thanks for this beautiful boy.

We are just thrilled and sometime soon I will do a sentimental post about all the life lessons I have learned through this experience. For now - we are off to party (at music class! :).

14 comments:

Molly Bice-Jackson said...

THAT'S WONDERFUL!!!!!!!!!!

Julie said...

YEAH! About time, isn't it?! :)

Debbie said...

Isn't it true when you go thru things like this you learn so much and witness little miracles take place along the way..that was our experience when we went thru this!
Congrats on your beautiful boy being ALLLLLLL yours and soon for eternity!!

karen said...

congrats! It finally happened. I'm so excited for you guys!!

auburn and chris said...

Yay!!! We are so happy! Congrats, guys... and we are so glad Kenyon is here is stay!

ps... Chris is seriously going through Maya withdrawls... we should probably get together soon!

Tara said...

I am so happy!

Timberly said...

Congratulations!!! I am so happy that it is finally legally done. Now the awesome spiritual stuff. I can't wait to be able to make the same announcement.

Denice said...

Yeah! I am so happy for you guys and relieved that this whole mess of a process is over and done with for you! Congratulations!!

Brandon and Kim said...

Oh how Wonderful I am so excited for you. It truly is a happy day for your family. I cant wait for that day for our little angel

Shanell said...

I'm crying tears of joy. What a great way to tell you that you won my pay it forward contest! Congratulations on both accounts.

Melissa said...

I can't believe it's over!!!! I am so happy for you. Now you can stop worrying and enjoy that cute little boy! congrats!!

Mariel said...

Yay! Congratulations Britany! What a huge relief!

brownie109 said...

We are so happy and excited for you and your family! Congratulations!

Anonymous said...

Hey Brit! It's been a while since I've checked in.. so glad to hear this news! CONGRATULATIONS! Love your new pics on your blog. You have an adorable family!