Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Our crazy week

I am home. It was so much fun to be away for a couple of days. It was an amazing trip! How many people get to be a part of bringing a baby to a longing couple, completing their family? It was completely beautiful! The most incredible part was to witness how one person's pain and sorrow can turn to another person's joy and happiness. Wow! This whole adoption thing is so intense! Meredith and I were completely exhausted when we left the hospital last night. As tired as we were, we still had energy to shop for a couple of hours and then go see Juno (2nd time for me, 1st time for Meredith). It was great to have some good laughs at the end of the day. Well actually we had some good laughs earlier in the day too, but I will have to write that story down sometime soon. Get ready to laugh really hard - unless you read Meredith's blog and already read the story (she is so on top of blogging about it sooner and in much more detail - she is showing me up!).

Back to being home, I don't think my kids missed me one bit. I guess I need to go away more often. They just acted like I had been gone at the store or something :). It sure was fun to see them though!

Now begins a really crazy week for us. Are you ready to hear it??? Tomorrow Maya's birthmom and her 2 kids are flying in to visit for Maya's 3rd birthday. We haven't seen Maria since 3 years ago when she placed Maya in our arms. We have never met her kids. We are really excited! We plan to take them many fun places and show them a good time for the next couple of days. Then Saturday is Maya's birthday party and our anniversary (which won't really be celebrated for another month until we are in Hawaii!!) and Sunday is Maya's birthday and the Super Bowl. Maria and kids leave Sunday afternoon.

Needless to say, I won't be blogging much, but I will try to write a quick post to let you know how it is going. Wish us luck! :)

2 comments:

Molly Bice-Jackson said...

Wow! So much going on. I can't wait to hear how it goes with Maya's birthmom. That is amazing that you can have a relationship like that with her. I wonder how it will be when she sees Maya. I think it would be very emotional for me (as the birthmom and the adoptive mother). I'm so jealous of your kid free trip! What a neat experience. We might be heading your way next month for a baby blessing. Would love to see you!

Denice said...

How exciting for Maya's birthmom to be able to visit! That is really neat and I hope you all have a wonderful time! Happy Birthday to Maya!!