Monday, January 21, 2008

MLK Day

Have you checked out the logo on google.com today? It is very cute and festive!


Today we celebrated Martin Luther King Day by going to a parade and festival downtown. The kids had the best time at the parade. A reporter stopped to interview the kids. She asked them why we are celebrating. Neither my friend Michelle or I had taught them much about the day so they just stared blankly. At this point, I just want Maya to know that Martin Luther King Jr. was a great man, but I am not sure I want to go too deep just yet. After all, she is just 2 and hasn't even realized that I am white and she is brown! Overall, the day was a success and it was fun to celebrate with friends.


Waiting for the parade to come...

Look! There is a fire truck!

Kenyon watching the parade and sharing his snacks

Aren't these girls adorable??!!
*Update* - I just looked at the channel 3 news website since they were at the parade. They have a slide show of pictures and Maya's picture is on there. Here it is:

1 comments:

Shanell said...

What good parents to take your kids to the civil rights day parade. We were busy watching cartoons!