Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Girls vs. Boys

My friend Julie just announced that she is having a girl! When I congratulated her on her blog, I said something about how happy I was for her, yet sad at the same time because girls cost more money and have more attitude. Someone else posted another comment that said she disagreed. Now I do not need to be right all of the time (just most of the time :), but it got me thinking... Do you think girls cost more money and have more attitude or is it just my experience? I also think Maya being the first child factors into it to because she HAD to have everything where now I realize that if Kenyon doesn't get that toy at the store that he reached for, life will go on.

So please take my poll (to the right) and let me know what you think!

Oh and congratulations again Julie. I am just so happy for you!!

6 comments:

Timberly said...

OK, I took your poll. I think girls on both. However I just have boys and when I think about the costs of girls I think about as they get older and clothes, shoes, ... and oh the emotional craziness. I am perfectly happy with being a mama to boys. I know they will have their challenges too but I think I can cope with them better.

Debbie said...

It's a toss up~ Girls are definately more expensive!! But my little girl is the most laid back sweet little thing ever and Aleck is my one with ALL the attitude!!
I think its just personality instead of a girl boy think...I might change my opinion later as they grow but for now i'll stick with this :)

Shane Meredith Mason and Kendall said...

they are WAY more expensive and WAY more attitude. Who ever said they werent- is LYING!!!!

Denice said...

I don't have kids but based on the way I grew up, my parents have always said that they would never have wanted it to be 8 boys and 2 girls rather than 8 girls and 2 boys. They had trials and challenges with all of us but I think the girls are better about keeping in touch than the boys are. Hopefully I will get one of each someday...then I can vote!

Shanell said...

Having four girls with major attitude and tons of princess, barbie, dolls obsessions is kinda pricey. But not having boys.. i don't know. My friends that have boys have said they are way easier.

Mandy said...

Actually, they both are costly (or not) depending on what your family does. If you're a big budgeter/strict financer, you can raise either sex relatively frugally. My experience is... I buy Sydney more clothes, but Isaac tears through all the jeans at the knees, and needs replacements more than Sydney. Sydney does dance, but Isaac loves rock wall climbing and wants to try karate. Both expensive. And some day they'll both go to college hopefully, but I'm only planning on my boys likely to serve missions.
As far as attitude, I would say it varies from kid to kid, not so much boy/girl. But at our house, yes, it's our little girl with the attitude!