Sunday, January 27, 2008

Guess where I am???

St. Louis, Missouri!!

Most of you know that I work for A Guardian Angel Adoptions out of Utah. I answer phones 1-2 days a week taking incoming calls on a cell phone from prospective birthmoms (oh and I get a ton of other calls that are sometimes CRAZY!).

Anyway, so there was this birthmom who was supposed to fly to Utah on Tuesday to deliver. They bring them to Utah because the adoption laws in Utah are awesome. So she ended up going into labor and having her baby here in Missouri on Saturday night. Plan B was then to have someone from the agency come here to make sure everything happened okay. My friend Meredith (who works for the agency) and I are always trying to convince them to send us on trips and this time it worked - here we are!

We flew in this morning. We spent most of the afternoon and evening at the hospital with the birthmom. She is SO cute and sweet and her baby is delicious. We left for a while to find a hotel and get some dinner... oh and we found a fabulous mall that is close by. Sure can't wait until papers are signed tomorrow night so we can hit some shopping :).

That is it. I will give more play by plays later on (including some houses that we came across tonight that were incredible, but we think they are haunted), but it is late and I am wiped out!

5 comments:

Andy and Kiara said...

LOL What an adventure! Can't wait to hear more. :)

Julie said...

When Meredith's blog said "I'm taking a friend" I thought "it better be Brit!" Yeah! Oh man, I'm afraid I'd want to just take the gorgeous baby home with me!! Have fun, you two!!

Brandon and Kim said...

Oh Fun. You are with Amy for the adoptive mother I think. She just emailed me so excited that they got picked. That is so amazing. Some day when our little one is older that would be great to work with AGA. We will see I just really enjoyed the whole experience all the ups and downs. :)

Melissa said...

that sounds like so much fun. I hope all goes well.

Denice said...

Sounds like lots of fun! I'm glad you were able to get away and have some fun friend time! :)