I am finally getting around to posting about our Thanksgiving. Kenyon is still sick and I even got it for 12 hours, Jeremy is working 15 hours days, 6 days a week - but I have decided I am done whining about all of our woes. Time to be happy because the holiday season is upon us! :)
We went to St. George, Utah for Thanksgiving to be with my Dad's family. My brother Kellen and his family met us there as well. It was so much fun! Some highlights:
- Shopping!! My mom and I woke up at 3:30 am on Black Friday to hit the outlet mall that opened at midnight. Then we hit the usual - Wal-Mart, Target, Roberts, Tai Pan and even a holiday boutique before crashing back in bed at 1:00 pm. We love to do this the day after Thanksgiving whether we are in Northern Utah, Southern Utah, California, etc. We have done this for over 10 years and we are amazed at how much busier and busier the stores get every year. In the beginning, there weren't nearly as many crazy people like us out there!!
- Golfing; The boys golfed Thursday (yes Thanksgiving morning), Friday and Saturday. Jer was in heaven!
- Playing games with the family at my grandparents house. We had a mean game of DVD Family Feud with my dad's family versus my uncle's family. The stomped us the first round and then we stomped them the second round. Rematch in 2 years when we are back in St. George?? We also played this fun animal sound game and now I can't remember what it was called... Somebody help me out! I think it was called Snort-o??
- Food; Of course Thanksgiving wouldn't be complete without great food. My aunt made some amazing pies and we always have banana pudding with that family - delicious!
- Live Nativity; There is a live nativity performance at the Tuacahn Outdoor Amphitheater. This is our favorite Friday night activity. Santa is even there for the kids to sit with. Maya said, "Santa, I want a scooter for Christmas" in a very serious voice. It was VERY cold for our Arizona blood there! I think it got down into the 30s at night!
So much more, but for now here are some pictures to enjoy!
We went to St. George, Utah for Thanksgiving to be with my Dad's family. My brother Kellen and his family met us there as well. It was so much fun! Some highlights:
- Shopping!! My mom and I woke up at 3:30 am on Black Friday to hit the outlet mall that opened at midnight. Then we hit the usual - Wal-Mart, Target, Roberts, Tai Pan and even a holiday boutique before crashing back in bed at 1:00 pm. We love to do this the day after Thanksgiving whether we are in Northern Utah, Southern Utah, California, etc. We have done this for over 10 years and we are amazed at how much busier and busier the stores get every year. In the beginning, there weren't nearly as many crazy people like us out there!!
- Golfing; The boys golfed Thursday (yes Thanksgiving morning), Friday and Saturday. Jer was in heaven!
- Playing games with the family at my grandparents house. We had a mean game of DVD Family Feud with my dad's family versus my uncle's family. The stomped us the first round and then we stomped them the second round. Rematch in 2 years when we are back in St. George?? We also played this fun animal sound game and now I can't remember what it was called... Somebody help me out! I think it was called Snort-o??
- Food; Of course Thanksgiving wouldn't be complete without great food. My aunt made some amazing pies and we always have banana pudding with that family - delicious!
- Live Nativity; There is a live nativity performance at the Tuacahn Outdoor Amphitheater. This is our favorite Friday night activity. Santa is even there for the kids to sit with. Maya said, "Santa, I want a scooter for Christmas" in a very serious voice. It was VERY cold for our Arizona blood there! I think it got down into the 30s at night!
So much more, but for now here are some pictures to enjoy!
Proof that I do cook occasionally :)
Kenyon and cousin Olivia
Maya "posing"
All bundled up
Neither kid even cried!
Isn't Olivia cute?!
2 comments:
Olivia is darling and I love the Santa picture with the kids all bundled up! I'm so glad you had a good weekend!
Snorta. It's one of the games from "Out of the Box" (like apples to apples). I'm not sure about the rematch, your family might lose again, and we feel guilty after watching you guys cry. Sorry!!
Post a Comment