Sunday, December 30, 2007

My Poor Baby!


We have been so sick this year! I can't remember having a year with so much sickness since I had my first year as a school teacher and was exposed to all of those little germs. I am so sick of being sick!!


Kenyon and I have had colds for almost 2 weeks. On Friday night he started running a high fever. He had it all day Saturday and by Saturday night he had started vomiting. So we called the doctor and they said to take him to the ER. I did not want to go to the ER with him again (it takes hours!) so we took him to the Children's Urgent Care instead. We got there around 9:30 and they did some urine tests and examined him, but couldn't find anything. They were very concerned because of his high fever (around 103 degrees) so they wanted blood work done. Their blood machine wasn't working so they sent us to the ER. It was now 11:30 and we were headed to the ER. When we got there, it was a zoo - people waiting everywhere. Needless to say, we should have gone straight there instead of wasting 2 hours at Urgent Care. So we finally got in to see a doctor around 1:30. They put him on IV fluids for a couple of hours and took blood. He was such a trooper as they poked and prodded him. All he wanted to do was sleep and they kept waking him up. We were finally discharged around 4:30 with a diagnosis of "It is just a virus." What a night! I am so tired of taking this kid to the doctor and hearing that it is just a virus, but I guess we should be grateful it is nothing serious.


Today he still has a fever and is really fussy, but has not vomited so far.


Oh and we had a TON of fun in California for Christmas and I will post more about that with pictures when we are healthy and happy again.

5 comments:

Julie said...

Your poor family! I hope you all feel well very, very soon!

Mandy said...

Brit,
I'm so sorry! I totaly empathize with you. In 2006 and 2007 I was in the ER with Gideon at nearly the same time each year (like, right around now). Crossing my fingers there's no repeat tonight. :) I'm sorry, it's so awful to go through that with your baby! Get better soon! -Mandy

Denice said...

I hope you all get feeling better ASAP!! Glad you made it home OK! Happy New Year!

Molly Bice-Jackson said...

Oh my word! Nights in the ER are no fun. I'm so glad it's nothing serious. I hope you will catch up on your missed sleep and be back in full functioning mode soon. What an ordeal!

Shane Meredith Mason and Kendall said...

oh poor you..and Kenyon. That stinks. That was Mason his 1st winter, but he has been good since then (knock on wood) how is he now???