We just got a call from our attorney in Florida. They held a termination hearing today and Kenyon's birthparents' rights were terminated. She said it got a little scary when the birthfather's attorney showed up in the courtroom requesting 10 more days. He said that the birthfather doesn't want to contest it, but they needed 10 more days. The judge agreed with our attorney that 8 months was long enough and signed the order to terminate rights. Our attorney said that the other attorney just wanted to drag it on so he could get more money even though the birthfamily didn't want to. CRAZY!
Now we just wait 30 days until we can finalize. Happy day!!
6 years ago
9 comments:
Yea! CONGRATULATIONS!!!!
Hallelujah! It's about time!! Do you have to go back to FL to finalize or can you do it in AZ?
Tears of joy flowing here! Congratulations, so happy for you all. Merry Christmas!
What a relief, huh! Adoption is such a cool thing. My dad was a social worker my whole life growing up so I was there to experience a lot of adoptions in action. Super touching. You'll have to email me and give me a better update on you guys! danandmariel@gmail.com
Love, Mariel!
Our attorney will attend the finalization hearing for us in Florida. Kind of sad to miss out on that part of it - going to court and all, but we don't want to take a trip there anytime soon! :)
Oh my GOODNESS! What a wonderful Christmas present that is!!! I am so happy for you guys!!!!!!
So happy for you... we LOVE Kenyon! I am already requesting you let me be your photography at the Temple after you all get sealed! WooHoo!
Congratulations!!!! I am so happy, excited, and relieved for you!
That is GREAT!!!! I am so happy for you.
Post a Comment