Okay, okay, many people ask and I always put off responding. My friend Niki just sent me an instant message to see if I ever check my blog comments because I have not responded to comments about Kenyon's adoption. I just never know what to post and what not to, so here it goes.
We served Kenyon's birthfather with papers back in October giving him 30 days to "do something" or we are going to finalize. He did nothing so now we are proceeding forward to finalize the adoption. That said, there are so many steps along the way. The next step is a hearing to terminate birthparents' rights and then we wait 30 days before the finalization hearing. They were hoping to finalize by Christmas, but since it has taken so long just to schedule the hearing (2 weeks to be exact - remember our GREAT attorney??!!), that now finalization by Christmas is no longer possible.
So all I can say is we hope (and pray) that it will soon be over, but we are trying to not count our eggs before they've hatched! Is that enough info? :)
6 years ago
4 comments:
You are in our thoughts and prayers!
I am so impressed you are blogging thru this week with all your sicknesses going on! I HOPE you guys all feel better soon!
Is it too late to get a new attorney? I hope everything goes well and it is all over with soon! I read your comment on my blog and of course we can still be friends!! :) Hope you all feel better soon..at least you don't have the cold weather to deal with.
I hope everything turns out. I will keep you in our prayers. I hope you guys are feeling better.
Post a Comment