Sunday, August 10, 2008

Olympic Fever

Have you caught it?! We are spending every moment we can watching the Olympics. The kids love it! Tonight as we watched tandem diving, Maya said, "I want to grow up to be a girl and jump like that!" Then she was practicing by jumping from the coffee table to the couch. Kenyon joined in, but he couldn't quite make the jump and gave us no warning that he was about to jump. Crazy boy!

I am especially enjoying the scenery they show from China because I was there just 3 years ago and saw "The Nest," The Great Wall, Tiananmen Square and so much more. What a neat experience that was!

It also reminds me of how much fun it was to have the 2002 Winter Olympics in Utah when we lived there. We were able to attend several events and a medal ceremony. Awesome!

Go USA!!!

10 comments:

Greg and Niki said...

OH MY GOSH!
I am having major withdrawls and my cell has been dead since a day or two after I got here. I finally got it charged though so I'll call you tomorrow!!!
The pix turned out darling by the way! I'll see you in 6 days! :)

Melissa said...

I sooooooooooo have the fever!!!!!

Clarke and Kamie said...

I know..aren't the olympics so cool? Love them. Opening ceremonies was incredible. Oh, those pics you just got of your kids??? To die for!

Denice said...

I just put up a new post about what a couch potato I am!! I am LOVING the Olympics!! :)

Shelly said...

Love the Olympics. Such good memories of watching them as a kid too. We are watching them as much as possible too. Did you see the 4 man swim relay last night? It was so cool!

Shelly said...

By the way, what are the time details under your friend's blogs referring to? Where it says "4 hours ago, 6 days ago, etc?

Tiffany Hatch said...

Sorry you would have found my blog earlier but i am one of those creepy people that look at peoples blogs and never post any coments!

Tatum said...

I love the olympics! We've been staying up way too late watching them. How awesome you were able to go to China!!

I completely forgot about walking tonight I didn't even think about it till just now so that worked out perfectly. So are we on for dinner swap Monday?? My house, 5:00??

Anonymous said...

Wasn't the open ceremony AMAZING?! It really set the stage for the whole feeling of the Olympics this year. They're AMAZING! We are just awed that records can continue to be beat! Isn't that crazy?! You'd think that the human race would someday reach a plateau, but they keep achieving higher and higher standards! It's just AMAZING! :-)

Shanell said...

I had the vampire fever this week and so haven't been watching too much. The girls had been enjoying it at night before bed. Now that I know about Bella and Edward, I can focus on the rest of my life. Now I am curious about the greatness of the Olympics.