Friday, August 29, 2008

Female VP?

So what do you think of Mrs. Sarah Palin as John McCain's running mate? After reading Jess and Mike's blog about her being "a gun slinging, hockey playing, snowmobiling, basketball star, beauty pageant, Christian - mother of 5," I had to look a little closer into who she is. Here is an interview with her that really helped me get a feel for her. I think I like her!

http://www.time.com/time/nation/article/0,8599,1837536,00.html

What do you think?

6 comments:

Tara said...

Definately like her...however, it is hard to accept that she could be totally focused on running a country with 5 kids. I am sure that it is possible, but I felt like once I had kids I wasn't as good at focusing on my job, even if they were in good hands. I am sure some women don't have that problem, but having and infant and being second in command to the President would take a special person.

Mariel said...

I dig her. She is one of the most straight forward, level-headed politicians I've ever heard of. Its refreshing to hear someone with common sense and isn't caught up in political correctness, being overly "green", etc.

Being a VP with a new baby is a little insane, but women are great multi-taskers...so, I'm excited about her.

Ryan and Shannan Hoffman said...

I need to learn more about her, thanks for the reference. I will check it out. ;) Hope you have a great Labor Day weekend.

Kyle said...

I have been saying that I am an "undecided voter"! But she has sealed the deal for me! Don't you think she will be great...especially for families!

Denice said...

I don't have anything against her personally but I think she and McCain would be terrible for this country. I have really followed this election process and believe even though they would be better in the White House than Bush/Cheney have been..it wouldn't be much different. I honestly don't think Palin would be able to run this country if she was put in this position (with a newborn Down Syndrome baby, a teenager who's pregnant,a husband that works away from home, etc.). I was honestly shocked that McCain picked her considering his attacks on Obama's inexperience...does he really think Palin has enough experience? One good thing is that if her son hopefully returns from his tour in Iraq, perhaps they will have a different perspective on what is going on over there and think about making a plan for withdrawal...since McCain thinks it should continue for at least 10 more years and all...

Tara said...

Okay...I have learned a little more about her and she may just have what it takes to be VP. However, I am not in love with McCain. Hmmm...there is never a perfect solution. I do think that she has more experience than Obama. Legislators don't have experience running a government. She has had experience running a state and has done a fairly good job.