Thursday, August 28, 2008

AHHHH!


I started school this week. What was I thinking??!! When do I have time to read and write a paper about 30 children's books (some only 30 pages while others are 200+ pages), along with reading a big ol' textbook and preparing several in-class presentations?! I was thinking today that if I was still in college mode then it would be a pretty easy class, but I am not used to this. In my "homework time," I like to blog, read novels that I choose, go shopping, out to lunch or socialize with friends. Is it really worth it to keep my teaching license current? I don't plan on ever teaching again, but what if something happened and I needed to go back to work. Any former teachers out there with any input?

12 comments:

Gygi Family said...

Oaky, Brit. I have been keeping my certficate up to date because you don't ever know, right! So I just take continuing Ed classes from school districts around salt lake. They are easy and sometimes FUN! So that is my suggestion. Are you taking classes from a university??? Good luck!!!!

Tatum said...

If you never plan to work again unless something happened to Jeremy than I say screw it. You worked hard to get what degree you have now and if you're totally not enjoying it quit. You have life insurance right?! Plus you can always get re-certified. You deserve to enjoy your spare time!

Adam and Tiffany said...

Oh girl - I feel your pain. Unfortuneately, I let mine expire, I didn't mean to though. I called in to find out what I had to do to keep it current, 6 months after it expired. I was so bummed. I never planned on teaching again either, so it was a struggle for me to decide to take the classes and keep it current. I guess it wasn't meant to be though. Ya know, you could always deal with it later. If you do have to go back, you have the degree, deal with it then. It's what I will do.

Shane Meredith Mason and Kendall said...

Dont ask me..I would say screw it :)

Am-Biance said...

Way to go Brit~ I think it's great you are keeping up...I know it probably seems overwhelming but my hats off to you girl!!! Like I said before..SUPERMOMMY..You do it all!! :)

Kyle said...

I think you should stick with it...mainly because I think you want to but you are just nervous and need some encouragement! I know you aren't going to drop out...you can do it! And you will be proud of yourself when its over and you won't have to worry about it for awhile...right?

Kim Carson said...

I say do it! It may be a struggle for awhile, but I think it's well worth it. You will probably feel more relieved and comforted just knowing its there and up to date. Plus Brit, YOU CAN DO ANYTHING! You are completely amazing!

Debbie said...

I don't know how your doing it!
But I think it would be worth it in the end...Its just this course right? And then one next yr??

Clarke and Kamie said...

I was going to update mine and I talked to a counselor at BYU and she said that it is NOT that much more work to let it expire and renew it than to upkeep it. So I let mine expire.

Gardners Glad Tidings said...

You are the most organized, get-it-done, full-plate woman I have ever met. I would pass on advive (it's the only sensible thing to do with it) but I have none to offer a woman as amazing as yourself. Deep breaths and I would totally understand if you wanted to give some of it up. Love you. You're amazing, good luck!

Shantel Palmer said...

you go girl! see, you definitely won't miss us because you'll be too darn busy...

Mandy said...

I'll comment Brittany. I don't think it's a big deal to keep your teaching certificate current. You know why? Because there is life insurance. And teacher's are in HIGH demand. My philosophy is, if I do have to teach again, I'll deal with it then. It is not that hard to get back up to date with classes, subbing, etc., if I HAD to. I think you need YOUR time to stay sane as a mom. Plus, your focus should be on your kids right now, not some sketchy what if future. I know my certificate expired, and I'm not at all worried. That's my two cents. :) (Besides, when your kids are in school, then you'll have a little spare time to get current then if you want to.)