Friday, July 4, 2008

Reality Check

I need one! While on this trip I have been saying that Utah doesn't feel like home anymore so we are meant to be in Arizona. That is, until we came to Park City! I love it! I want to live here again! I love the cool air at night, the small town feel, the mountains, the people, all of the stuff to do, I could go on!


So please, remind me:

... How we had 10 feet of snow in the winter
... How much I hated driving in that snow
... How I had to work to afford housing
... How there was little diversity for my children
... How Jeremy worked 12 hour days 6 days a week
... How I had to bundle Maya up to go anywhere
... How I had to warm the car up before getting in it

Please bring me back to reality because right now this is what we are enjoying:

Playing at the park (that is Maya on the zipline thing)


Riding rides (Kenyon and Keegan)

Swimming with cousins

Watching a parade


Going on coasters

That go up and down this mountain!


Watching Maya try to jump

And then watching her climb walls



And finally watching the most amazing fireworks. Seriously, there are no fireworks that compare to laying in the mountains and hearing them echo on the mountains that surround. It is surreal! And somehow both kids fell asleep during them!



The best part: all of this is within walking distance of our condo. Mom and Dad, make the reservation for next year again!!! :) Thanks for a great time!

P.S. The only thing not within walking distance was shopping at the outlet mall and I did some damage there without kids yesterday. So much fun!

5 comments:

The Richards family said...

How are you so fast to blog about things, you are good!! Looks like you had a great time on the 4th!! I really think that you belong in Utah I mean you have to start the car to COOL it down in Arizona, so what is the big difference J/K. When are we getting togehter? The 4th snuk up on me and I am sorry we did not get a hold of you and figure something out. let me know if you are going to be around still and we can meybe work something out!!!

amy said...

Hey, I hope you don't mind me contacting you but I'm a friend of Auburn's and she told me a little bit about your adoptions. We have a birth mother considering us and wants us to meet the birth father who is 1/2 African American. I want to be prepared and was wondering if I could talk to you a bit. If you're o.k. with it please contact me via e-mail : amy_kroff@yahoo.com
Thanks
By the way, I love Park City too but Arizona rocks in the winter and we can always go to Utah in the summer.

Kyle said...

Are we too young to become SNOWBIRDS?!?

Denice said...

I so miss Park City too!! Ahh..outlet mall... I'm so glad you had a fun and safe trip and a very Happy 4th!

Shantel Palmer said...

Hey there - we missed you up in Anthem for the 4th this year, but I'm sure your weather was much better! Can't wait for you to get back here so we can finally get together.