Yesterday was my eye surgery and guess what??? I now have 20/20 vision! It is amazing! I went back in for a follow-up appointment today and I could read the bottom row of letters. I could never see that with my contacts or glasses. Very exciting!
The surgery was easy - no pain involved. The only problem was that the anesthesia made me so, so, so sick! I was throwing up in the recovery room. Then I was sick all night and have still been nauseous and weak today. Not fun! I took a 3 1/2 hour nap and am still tired. So I don't feel like I have had a chance to truly appreciate my new eyes yet, but I have the rest of my life too!!
Here is what my eye looks like for now (the little red spot at the top will heal and go away):
And the stylin' goggles that I have to sleep in every night for a week:
As far as follow-up, I go back next week and then every month for a couple of months, but that is all. I have to use eye drops every day for 2 weeks and then I am good to go!
15 comments:
Wow - congrats! I really do think those goggles are super-cool. And I loved all your pictures. You guys are such a busy, cute family. It was so fun to see you.
yeah! Its so much like lasic. ( I dont think I spelled that right)
I had to sleep with some fancy googles too, it got old! But they dont want you to rub them in your sleep, which I understand
Im glad you got it done :) Even though the boobs jeremy would of liked more ha!
opps, that was from ME, not Shane...ha! That would of been funny if shane wrote it huh!
That's so great! Isn't it amazing what odern day technology can do? I hope you feel better soon, but enjoy the wonderful vision! :)
YEAH!!!! That's so exciting!!! I wish I could see. Hopefully someday I can get my eyes fixed too. I'm so excited for you! :-)
Yay!! What beautiful big blue eyes you have! :)
I am so glad you can see now! The only thing I am bummed about is...I wish you had to wear the goggles all the time! That would be funny!
CoNgrATs! How very exciting. How nice not to HAVE to wear your glasses all the time!
YAY~ Are you going to burn your glasses!?!?!
I'm loving those sexy goggles!!! I'm sure Jeremy does too!!!
I'm so excited for you and your new "outlook on life!!" :) Congratulations!
I'm sure the kids are lovin you in the goggles! Congrats!! I am so excited (jealous) for you! I'm sure you will love it (jealous again...) and hope that you get feeling better soon (not jealous of that..). :)
I am so glad that it went well. You look great. I would love to have 20/20. I may be up for the surgery in a year or two.
Brit, I am SOOOOO jealous!!!!! I am happy for you and your eyes. No more coke bottles.
That's so exciting! I remember how blind you were! I want to get that done sometime...
That's awesome about getting such great seats at the baseball game. It's a whole different experience sitting up close!
Hey, I have been meaning to talk to you about your surgery. Trevor is really interested in doing it. I woudl like to know about cost and if insurance covered any
Post a Comment