Thursday, July 24, 2008

Dinner Swap

We dinner swap every other Monday night with our friends Kyle and Tatum (Tatum's and Jer's parents were friends when they were newlyweds so Jer and Tatum have known each other all of their lives!). Here is how it works: when you host you are in charge of preparing a light, simple meal for both families. We eat dinner, let the kids play, talk, laugh and have a fabulous time! I love that when I don't host, I get dinner made for us and when I do, I just make extras of what I am already doing. Anyone else interested in setting up swaps for every night of the week??!! :)

This week we went even more simple and ordered pizza and swam at Tatum's sister Tiffany's super fun pool:


He fell asleep on the way there, transferred to the house, transferred to the cement and kept on sleeping - AMAZING!






8 comments:

Tatum said...

It was so much fun! You have an adorable family... and you are the sweetest friend :) Peyton absolutely loves Maya. She won't stop talking about her! See you tomorrow!

Shane Meredith Mason and Kendall said...

looks like fun! Why did I think her name was Katie??!! im loosing it :)

ok, so who blogged about being obsessed with Mollys blog, i need to read it so i feel ok with me being obsessed :)

Shelly said...

That looks like a lot of fun. We used to dinner swap too when we lived in AZ. Every week we'd switch eating at each other's houses and then watch the Amazing Race together. We could only watch t.v. because both couples only had small babies at the time. Now, the pool would be an awesome activity!!

Heidi Hamilton said...

Good idea - if you were here, I'd do it for sure! And you weren't kidding - that is an AMAZING pool. wow.

Denice said...

What a fun looking pool! I'm jealous!!

Debbie said...

Nice farmers tan Jer!! :)

Karen said...

Hi Britany - I was just looking at Denice's blog and saw your comment about being tended at our house. I just have to apologize for EVER being mean or cross - I feel so bad!!! To my dying day, I will always be grateful that I could tend fun kids like you and stay at home with my own kids. I know I was not always as patient as I should have been, but I did love you kids and I am so excited to be able to see your blog and your beautiful family and enjoy seeing what a terrific mom you are! My love to ALL of your family! xoxox k

Adam and Tiffany said...

Holy cow, that is the coolest pool ever! WOW! So eye surgery huh? How does it work, how long does the surgery last, and does it hurt? I would love it but so scary to me. How much is it? Very cool for you.