Thursday, April 24, 2008

Where we have been...

The kids and I spent the last 3 days with 2 of my closest friends and their kiddos. We met through an online adoption hair care group 2 1/2 years ago, but have since become great friends. We email daily and get together when we can. Kiara lives in Phoenix and Elise lives in California. When we first met we would meet up in California when Kiara and I were there visiting family. Since I moved to AZ, Kiara and I have gotten together more often. Elise visits once a year and we love it!!

Although at times it was crazy with 8 kids (ages 6, 5, 3, 3, 3, 1, 1, and 11 months), overall we had a great time! It helps that all 3 of us parent the same so the battles were minimized. We even had an award for the mom of the feistiest child. It was our little joke the whole time, saying things like, "You are ahead for that tantrum" or "I am about to win that trophy." Very funny and our way of dealing with the strong-spirited ones! :)

Of course we did hair

Aren't these girls the cutest?!

What a task to get all of them to look at the camera!




Swimming and picnicking at my parents


The babies!


6 comments:

Kyle said...

You guys must be exhausted...all that excitement in one week!!
Cute pictures and it looks like you guys had lots of fun!

Ryan and Shannan Hoffman said...

How fun! Maya and Kenyon must have loved having so many friends around. 8 kids though? I'd be pulling my hair out!! :)

Shane Meredith Mason and Kendall said...

looks like fun! I though these were friends from high school! You and your on line friends :) (oh wait, thats me too huh!!!)

Mariel said...

What a bunch of cute kids! How fun to have a little network of mommys who have gone through the same thing!

Shanell said...

I just want to nibble those cute little kids. What beautiful children. What beautiful times. That is so fun. Definitely some kindred spirits.

Jess's Journey to the Land Of Skinny said...

What a fun weekend. It's always fun to have friends with kids your age and they know what you go through. You guys did great on their hair. I wish I knew how to do Kenny's hair!