Sunday, April 27, 2008

The Tri-Athlete

Jeremy did another triathlon yesterday. In the past he has just done sprint triathlons. This one was an olympic triathlon. Here is what he did:

Swam 1 mile in Lake Saquaro (yikes - I would be so scared of fish getting me!)
Biked 30 miles
Ran 5.5 miles (through mountain trails!)

Isn't he amazing??!! He was supposed to ride his bike by my parents' neighborhood so the kids and I were camped out ready to take pictures and cheer him on. Well him and another group of riders missed the turn-off and took the long route so they didn't come by us. Maya was really bummed to not see her daddy "win the race." Hopefully next time!

4 comments:

Kyle said...

Benson is so sad that he didn't do this one...oh well, it just didn't work out!! Are you guys still sick over there??

Shane Meredith Mason and Kendall said...

That is so cool..good job! oh and you UTAH girl...its Saguaro Lake.not Lake Saguaro :)

Denice said...

Yes, he is amazing! It still astounds me that people actually have enough physical stamina to do that. I like watching it...from my couch..in my pajama's..eating chocolate. ;)

Jess's Journey to the Land Of Skinny said...

Good Job!! I think it's so great that he is that in shape. Congrats to him again!