Thursday, May 15, 2008

What a great afternoon!


I know the picture is blurry because it was taken by my cell phone, but it sums up our afternoon so well. We had such a fun one! First, we met Jer at the zoo. On the way there it was 97 degrees. I thought, "WHAT ARE WE DOING?!" Right after we got there and were letting the kids play in the water fountains, it started pouring rain. Rain in Arizona is such a treat! The kids played in the rain. It cooled everything off and people left so once the rain stopped, we had the remaining 2 hours at the zoo to ourselves. It was so fun to walk around and see the animals and not have to deal with other people. This was the first time that we have gone to the zoo that Kenyon really loved it. He was constantly pointing to birds and signing bird. He also learned how to say "turtle" and "monkey" (sounds more like "donkey").

After we left the zoo we went to my parents' house for dinner and swimming. They just got a heater put on their pool so we can finally swim in their pool instead of their community pool. It was still too cold for my liking (82 degrees), but both kids got in and had a blast. Kenyon kept stepping off of the edge and going completely under. He would kick around until we rescued him. Just trying to teach him what happens! :) Maya is a total fish and Jer would throw her in from the edge and she would swim to the side. Swim lessons start next week and I can't wait to see her progress.

Then right as I walked in the door my friend Kyle called to go walking. We went last night and tonight and walked 3 miles each time. For those of you that know me well, you know that I am not an exerciser so this is a HUGE accomplishment. Watch out Jer - I am going to be doing triathlons before you know it. Okay, not really, but I love to walk and talk!

I took pictures at the zoo and swimming, but I am too tired to go downstairs and get my camera so maybe in the days to come :).

1 comments:

Kyle said...

I feel like with all the walking we have been doing we are totally ready for a Triathlon...lets do an Olympic distance right now...we can do it, right? Okay, maybe not!