Sunday, May 4, 2008

Texas

I am back in Texas again for another adoption. It was crazy getting here considering all of the drama in my last post and that Jeremy is super sick with bronchitis and the flu, but I made it. The beautiful baby is 3 weeks old and so stinkin' cute. Almost makes me want another one... ALMOST! :) The birthmom already signed papers, but there is not an adoptive family yet so my boss and I are at the hotel taking care of her. I am sure after being up all night with her, I will remember how much I don't love newborns!!

In exciting news, we were eating lunch at Panera Bread (love, love, love that place!) and all of these couples in matching shirts started running in and filling out papers. Come to find out, they are on Amazing Race. So when the next one airs, they will go to Houston, TX and I can say that I saw them. There was a British couple that was SO rude to the other couples. I can't wait to see them on TV!

Okay, off to bathe our baby! Thanks mom and dad for being so willing to help out with my kiddos! When I told Maya I was going on another trip and grandma and grandpa were coming to get her, she said, "Are they here right now??!!" She was VERY excited!

6 comments:

Kyle said...

I can't believe you saw the Amazing Race...I love that show!
Have fun in Texas!

Tara said...

Sounds like a fun experience. Sorry Jer is sick. Newborns are terrible, especially 2 at a time. I am so glad that we made it to 4 months. It is so rewarding now.

Traci said...

I'm so jealous! I want to hold and cuddle a brand new baby! Oh, I wish I was there. Tell Lori I said Hi.

Brandon and Kim said...

Oh fun I have relatives in Texas. I hear couples are needed a lot right now. we would totally be up for it in 2 months when ours is finalized, if only we had the $. I guess that is what it always comes down to though ;) Good luck with everything

Ryan and Shannan Hoffman said...

That is so cool you got to see the Amazing Race being filmed! That is one of our favorite shows. :)

Molly Bice-Jackson said...

Vic's cousin is dying to adopt!!! Can I hook you up with her? Is is too late? I don't know how all of this works but you need to talk to Jen Jackson asap.

jackjen.blogspot.com