Sunday, May 11, 2008

Mom's Day

I have been prepping Maya for Mother's Day all week telling her that I need lots of cuddles and hugs and kisses and no whining on Mother's Day. So far it has worked! She keeps coming up and giving me lots of loves.

My hubby was out of town until last night and when he got home I asked if he would be so kind as to sleep on the couch with the baby monitors so that if a kid woke up, it wouldn't even wake me. All I wanted was a good, solid night of sleep without interruption! So he went for it! I slept in until 8:00 and loved it! When I walked out of my room, the kids and Jer had made me Mother's Day cards that were ever so creative. The rest of the day involves a nap and lots of laying around before our 2:00 church and dinner at my parents.

I am so blessed to have a wonderful mom and mother-in-law. They are both so giving and willing to help out whenever they are needed. I feel like between going to Hawaii and on adoption trips, they have really been used and abused lately! :) I love that my kids completely adore them! We get to see my mom quite often and can't wait to go to Utah next month and spend time with Nana!

Happy Mother's Day to all of the moms, nanas, grandmas, birthmoms, sister-in-laws, aunts, cousins and friends in our lives. We love you all!!!

Of course I have to post pics of my kiddos - I am the luckiest mom in the world!



4 comments:

Denice said...

Happy Mother's Day!! Congrats on all the sleep!! You deserve it! :)

Ryan and Shannan Hoffman said...

Happy Mother's Day! You are a great Mom and your kids are lucky to have you. :)

Shanell said...

That was a great idea. I need to think my demands out next time! I think you are a rock star with all your traveling! Are you home for a while? Fun adventures you are having!

Kyle said...

Happy Belated Mothers Day! The pics with you and your babies are so cute..love it! Glad you had a good day..you deserve it!