When will Kenyon get tubes in his ears?! He had yet another ear infection this week so tubes, here we come! I am sort of relieved because now we (hopefully) won't deal with ear infections anymore. I just want it scheduled and done, but am waiting for the doctor's office to call me back. Ugh!
Last day of music class today. Dance class and playgroup were over last week so now all we have left is swim lessons for a couple of weeks. What am I going to do with all of my free time?!
Why am I so blind? Yes, I am legally blind. I can't wear contacts anymore because of allergies in my eyes so instead I wear these bottle caps. Yesterday I went to see if I could get lasik. Nope - too blind! They can do a procedure called ICL where they put a permanent contact in your eye. Anyone have an experience with it? It is fairly new and expensive so I have to really think about it...
Sweet Lucy is constantly on my mind. No major updates. Her parents are still holding strong and many people are fasting and praying for that sweet little girl. A lot of tough decisions for Molly and Vic are ahead - please keep praying for them! A fund has been set up for Lucy at the Chase Bank in Park City if anyone is interested.
Memorial Day weekend - I sure want to go on a vacation, but it is hard to justify with all of the household repairs we have had lately that have taken money from the vacation fund. I do love vacations!
Going to Costa Vida tonight with some friends. Yummy! Nothing like a girls night out when I have so much on my mind!! :)
6 years ago
8 comments:
Brit,
I need to call you so that we can talk for a while, but I want to tell you that tubes were the best thing that happened to Sam. I was constantly at the doctors office and he was becoming resistant to antibiotics. He had tubes put in last March and not an ear infection since. His ENT checks his ears every six months and it is great. Sophie's ear infection is back after only 3 weeks, so here we go again.
I am so upset about your friends Vic and Molly. I have had a aching in my chest ever since I read about it. How could that happen to such a cute little family? I am so so sad. I keep hugging my kids and wondering how we've escaped a major accident with how hectic our lives have been lately. Keep us updated about them on your blog. I pray for them all day long.
Tara
Man, you got a lot of things on your mind...don't worry, Costa Vida can take care of any problems..well not really but it sure tastes good!
I hope you have fun at Costa Vida. I am so jealous. I too have had your friends constantly on my mind. I pray that their hearts will be comforted. I know that miracles can and do happen. I pray for one here.
Hang in their. I think you look cute in your glasses, but I know what you mean about wearing them all the time.
Hope you had fun at Costa Vida!
It's true. You are a cute-glasses-girl! That's super sad about little Lucy. I hope she pulls through. I can't imagine how scary and heartbreaking that would be.
Also, you should look into Xylitol. I love it so much that I did my entire senior project on it. But, it's an all natural sugar, that has been PROVEN to reduce and improve cavities and reduce EAR INFECTIONS by 30 to 40 percent. Go to www.sprydental.com. We use their toothpaste, gum, mints, etc. I'm a believer.
Hi Brit.
Ben knows Molly really well from his Ricks days so we have been in the loop about little Lucy as well. I am devastated by it all and have been so completely heart sick about it. I pray they will be able to find peace and comfort during this tragic time. Love ya.
Kami
Hi Britany! I have been reading your posts, but decided I need to comment so we can keep in touch better. I have never heard of putting permanent contacts in your eyes. My brother in law got lasik and he had REALLY poor vision. What is your vision? Last night I didn't have my contacts in or glasses on and I couldn't make out the typing on the screen. I kept having to lean forward and squint, so maybe I am close to legally blind too, haha.
So sorry to hear about your eye-sight. I feel your pain. I'm not as blind as you, but pretty close. I wish I could get Lasik. Sorry I don't know anything about that other procedure. I hope it works out for you.
Post a Comment