I never got to write more about the rest of our weekend. Maria's visit went well. There were times it was hard for her, but overall, the trip was a success. We loved seeing her and her kids. My favorite part of the trip was each night when we would turn on music and watch the kids dancing around. Her kids knew every word to Alicia Keys' "No One" song and would sing it for us. I loved that! On Saturday night we had dinner at my parents' house. Andre was playing with their little kid Home Depot tools and my dad saw how much he was loving them. So he got out some real tools and let him use them. He was in heaven! The next day he kept asking when he could go back to Maya's Grandpa's house.
As they were packing up, here was a conversation I overheard with Maya and Andre:
Andre: We are leaving today.
Maya: No!
Andre: Why?
Maya: I don't want you to leave.
Andre: Too bad, but that was really nice of you to say that.
I thought that was so cute!
After they left on Sunday, we had a fabulous Super Bowl Party at my parents' house with some friends.
Now I am just getting all geared up for the next guests to come into town for Kenyon's blessing and sealing in a week and a half. Maya can hardly wait for her Nana, Grandpa and Tiff to come!!
At our neighborhood park
Maya rocking out on her new guitar Alexa gave her for her birthday
Working hard!
Andre loved to wrestle Kenyon and Kenyon would just laugh and laugh
4 comments:
How great that you guys got to spend that time together. I think it is really neat. And I'm a little jealous. But more happy for you.
I am laughing, crying, shouting halleluia's all at the same time. Have you come down from your emotional{totally awesome emotional} last week and a half? You are really such an amazing person with so many incredible things you are involved in. What a meaningful life! That's for all the post, I'm so overwhelmed by your awesomeness that I could only write one comment for all the posting. P.S. I want to see Maya in her darling dress from A&C, I was about to take it home instead.
BTW- Go ahead and post your contest whenever you are ready. You can wait for your "gift" or you can do it now! Thanks for asking, hopefully it will be coming soon. I need to get on the ball.
Cute pictures! I'm so glad you had a nice visit and will have a little break before more company arrives! I really can't believe all that you guys do! How do you juggle it all?!?!
Seriously. You are one busy girl! I love seeing all the pictures of your cute family!
Post a Comment