Wednesday, February 6, 2008

My Super Smart 3 Year Old (and I am not vain :)


Okay, I know she just turned 3 on Sunday, but I decided it was time to teach her to read. I have had this book since my school teaching days and always said I would use it on my own kids. So I gave it a shot. In just 2 days, she can already read "am" and "sa." So tonight after we tucked her in bed, we heard her on the monitor saying, "Watch my finger. Mmmm. Watch my finger. Sssss." She has my lingo down. Oh and now she calls me "Teacher Mommy."

5 comments:

Melissa said...

You are awesome! What a great teacher.

Denice said...

Very cute!

Ashley said...

I have no idea what all that talk about watching her finger was all about but go Maya for learning so good. Can I send Presley over for lessons!jk I guess I could teach her as much as she loves to read I'm sure it would come in handy for her.

Debbie said...

IS SA a word??? LOL
Have fun! Aleck is ALMOST reading! He is a smart cookie! Kenna is right on his tail :)
SO fun when they LOVE to learn!!

Kyle said...

Okay...where do you get this book? My friend Kim just did a post about it too..So I am feeling like I need to check it out!
Kyle