Well it is almost over, but I want to bask in it just a little longer. It was truly an incredible weekend. Saturday was Kenyon's sealing at the Mesa Temple. As we walked into the temple, Maya turned to me and asked, "Mom, are we in Heavenly Father's House?" She knew! How could you not know when it is so completely beautiful, yet even more beautiful to be there with my amazing children. They were little angels the entire time. It was as if I needed to keep pinching myself to believe that we were actually there - together - an eternal family! We are so blessed!
Then today we had Kenyon's blessing at our home followed by a dinner with family and friends. The food - it was remarkable! We had Costa Vida meat, dressing and little tortilla crispies. Then we supplied the rest of the fix-ins for salads, burritos, tacos, or whatever they wanted to create. My neighbor (and new fellow blogger) Kyle, provided some fantastic salsa. Chris and Rowdy were some mean tortilla makers. My mom made some delicious Texas sheet cake. Auburn took some amazing photos (of course) and so many others brought food and helped with the setup and cleanup. Family and friends traveled from Utah for the event. Thank you to everyone! I am overwhelmed by the love and support that we have felt throughout Kenyon's entire adoption process. There were times I never thought we would see this day and now I am off to bask a little longer.
Pics to come very soon!
6 years ago
10 comments:
I agree...it was a great weekend and everything turned out perfect! GOOD JOB BRITANY! And Yea for Kenyon!
Kyle
Congratulations! I can't wait to see the pictures. Sounds like such a nice weekend and I'm glad that the kids were so good for the sealing! The food sounds yummy!
Congratulations Kenyon and family. What a special special time. It sounds amazing. I wish we lived closer and could have been there with you. It is truly the most incredible experience to be in the temple having your children sealed to you.
I agree too, It was a great weekend! Glad we could be apart of it! I want to see pictures!
So happy for you all. Congratulations to Kenyon on getting an amazing Eternal family!
Why do I have to find out you have a bogg by stumbling upon it somehow ( I really do not know how I found it) I can not believe your cute little family is getting so big!!! I have not seen you since you added Kenyon and Maya is really growing up!!! It has been way to long, I miss getting together with you guys. We find out from Jeremy's mom what you are up to but this will be great to keep in touch this way!! You guys look great and I am so happy that you had such a great weekend, what a great thing to celebrate, Congratulations!!!!!
Congrats! It sounds like it was a great weekend. I am sure it was a very special time for your family. It is so great to know that we can be together forever.
I am so happy for your family. What an amazing day!
Congratulations Sweetie. I'm so happy for your family. Kenyon is so lucky to have an eternal family.
I finally found your blog! That is so awesome! I can't imagine the peace you finally feel now that your family will be together forever!!! How lucky your children are to have such wonderful parents! We need to get together soon. We live so dang close! Email me so I can send you an invitation to our blog.
tatum.hendy@gmail.com
Post a Comment