1. The kids were great in the car on the way there and back - we were nervous about it!
2. Maya was so excited the whole way there and every second leading up to going to the beach. When we finally arrived at the beach on Saturday afternoon, she was sound asleep in the back seat. We transferred her to the stroller and she never woke up. After being there for a while, we finally just woke her up since she had been so excited. She loved it!
3. Shopping was A+! We hit the Gap outlet and they were practically giving away clothes. Examples: swimsuit for Kenyon - $1.39, cute shirt for me - $2.08, capris for Maya - $3.09, and the list could go on and on. If you have a Gap outlet near you, run on over! We hit 2 different ones while we were there. Oh I love to shop!
4. Pat and Oscar's - Have you ever eaten there? The breadsticks are to die for!!
5. Both kids sleeping through the night all 3 nights (Note: Kenyon had NEVER slept through the night up to this point). We got home last night and he slept through the night again. He just needed a trip to San Diego to straighten out his sleep issues :).
6. Golfing - I am putting this one on for Jer because him and my dad had a nice game of golf Saturday morning.
7. UC Santa Barbara Water Polo Team - Yes, they were sleeping in our hotel and they were some gorgeous hunks. Then I realized that I am now 10 years older than them :(. Sure wish I had taken some photos to share!
8. Jeremy and I riding the roller coaster at Mission Beach. I never do brave things like this, but we had extra tickets so I went for it. So worth it! The view at the top was of the ocean (at sunset) on one side and the bay on the other - INCREDIBLE! Maya also rode a bunch of rides and had a blast.
9. Capturing a family picture as we walked along the beach at sunset.
10. (This is a lowlight rather than highlight) Being in San Diego during record heat. It was 105 degrees inland and high 90s on the beach. Add in the 65% humidity and it felt worst than here. We did not accomplish our goal of escaping the AZ heat, but we sure had fun. Thanks Mom and Dad for taking us!
5 comments:
Glad the trip went well and you all got along! LOL :)
SOunds fun!
DEBBIE
looks like a TON of fun Im glad they did so well on the trip and YEAH to the sleeping!! that is the best im sure! Cute pictures!
Looks like you guys had so much fun. We are headed that way next weekend and am worried about the car ride also!! I hope the shopping is still good, we all really need some updating to our wardrobes. Connor is in 9 month clothes already!! No clue about the picture thing, sorry!
Aaaahhhh- I miss it there. I LOVE OSCARS!!! :-)
Looks like you had tons of fun and the family pic is great! Yeah on Kenyon's sleep schedule!!
Post a Comment