A couple of friends and I were recently having a conversation about how alike kids' personalities are to their parents. These friends were saying how their kids (biological and adopted) are identical to them or their spouses. It got me thinking - Are my kids like me or Jeremy?
Maya - Although she talks just like me (naughty words and all) and has as much energy as Jeremy (which is rare to find), we have decided she is far more creative than either of us! Let me give you an example by telling you about our morning.
First, she got out some bowls in the kitchen. She then asked where her stuffed animal dogs were so they could eat. She fed them from the bowls and then gave them baths in the bowls.
Next, I suggested we go read a book (something a little less creative). So we were reading a book about a dinosaur eating soup. So she insisted we go make soup. I thought, "It is 9:00 in the morning, but okay." We walked into the kitchen and she got out a bucket of plastic Easter eggs. She asked for a big spoon and began making her "soup."
Meanwhile, the phone rang so I was having a conversation and not paying complete attention to Maya. She got a container of applesauce out of the pantry and has began using her big spoon to scoop applesauce into each egg and close them. She was completely engrossed in her own little imagination world.
Finally, she put the empty bucket on her head and yelled, "I am coming to save the planet!"
Yep - she is definitely more creative than Jeremy and I could ever dream of being! On her way to her nap just now, we had to pretend to be penguins - I don't know where that one came from!
Kenyon, on the other hand, is more relaxed and mellow. Give him a teething toy and he will just hang out for a while. Come to think about it though, neither Jeremy or myself are mellow and relaxed.
So - are your kids more like you than ours? Or - grandparents speak up - are they more like us than we think and we just can't see it!
Trying on Jared's (Jeremy's cousin that lives with us) hard hat and safety goggles
Looks like he will share Jeremy's love for ice cream (I promise we didn't let him digest too much - it was just for the picture! :)
2 comments:
Maya has the personality of 10 kids...but its great!! She is so dang funny and creative! my kids are sooo not like that! And that is a good question..I will have to think about that one.. (the "how much are your kids like you?" question)
Maya is so funny. I don't know you well enough to say if she is like you or not - but I think you are such a cute mom to make soup at 9am.
Post a Comment