Monday, September 17, 2007

Our Weekend

What a busy weekend! We had 2 birthday parties, Jeremy's sprint triathlon, a football party at a friend's house and Kenyon got his first tooth (actually "teeth" - his 2 bottom ones). Here are some pictures highlighting the events.

Maya and Jer at the birthday party on Thursday night - a fun indoor place called Bounce U
Kenyon waving "Hello"
The racers - Jared (Jeremy's cousin), Jer, and Chris (family friend) - don't you love those tight shorts??!!
The starting line
There they go!
Jared took the lead during the running portion - He was SPEEDY! Jeremy took the lead during the bicycle portion of the race
Jeremy on his last lap - he yelled to me, "I'm dying!" As he hobbled out of the water, tears filled my eyes. I was so proud of my hubby. He had been training for this for a while and he did AWESOME! He came in 50th out of 214 participants - so good for his first time! The amazing part was that he was sore that night, but the next day he was fine. He is tough! :)
Picture to show that they were still alive after the race - although they looked like old men walking to the car!

The kids and their cute friends at the football party at Niki and Greg's house (Funny that all 3 girls were wearing teal and we didn't plan it - teal must be the in color! :)

Maya chasing Greg who is holding Kenyon and Alexa - she loved it!

Dipping her feet in the pond

The crazy kids and their dads

4 comments:

Shane Meredith Mason and Kendall said...

Way to go Jeremy!!! that is soo cool. But NOT the shorts, really, burn them :)
Looks like a fun filled weekend!

Melissa said...

Wow, you guys were busy. That is so cool he did a sprint. I love races! What a fun weekend.

Anonymous said...

Congrats to Jer! Way to go! I'd love to do a triathlon someday... someday when I have time to train! :-)

Denice said...

Congrats to Jeremy! That is really exciting! Love the pic of the dads and the kids..very cute! I'm glad you had a nice but hectic weekend! :)