Friday, September 14, 2007

Mean Mom of the Year

And the Mean Mom of the Year Award goes to... ME! Yesterday at lunch, Maya didn't eat very much. So then when it was naptime, she said she wanted a snack because she was hungry. I told her that because she didn't eat her lunch, she would have to wait and have a snack after her nap. So when Jeremy went into her room to get her after her nap, he yelled for me to come see. There were little pieces of a board book all over. I asked her what happened to her book. She replied, "I ate it - I was SO hungry." So it might appear that I was starving my daughter so much that she ate a book, but I will stand by my decision to teach her a lesson by not giving her a snack right after lunch.

Fast forward to naptime today, she tried the same trick, but I peeked in to check on her. I saw her gnawing on the edge of a book. So I just removed every book from her room. I guess some kids just can't handle that kind of freedom! I talked to a friend about it and she said it is a phase that both of her kids went through - a phase of eating books. Yummy!

4 comments:

Melissa said...

I love your stories. That is so funny.

Melissa said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

Hi Brit! I'm just letting you know that I had to put a restriction on my blog. So, check in so that I can add you to my "allowed" readers. I love keeping in touch with you! :-)

Denice said...

I can't believe this! Too funny!!