I just got back from Savannah, Georgia on another adoption trip. It was SOOO beautiful there, along with hot and humid! Such a charming town nestled right on the river. The adoption itself was very stressful, but the food (amazing seafood and yummy pecan pralines) and the hotels (comfy beds and no kids to wake me up) were perfect! My dear husband is seriously the best man around. He never complains that I leave at the drop of a hat and he gets left with the kids and house in whatever condition they may be in. He even took the kids to church by himself (all 3 hours!!). A friend even told me that they looked cute! :) Then my mom watches them while he works which involves early mornings and she is NOT a morning person. Thanks Mom and Jer - you are the best!!As much as I love these trips, I am trying to only do 1 a month and I am pretty much out for a while because in less than 2 weeks we leave for Utah for a month. Yeah, yeah! I am really excited and a little nervous to be gone from my own home, my own bed, my kids' own rooms, my own bathroom, my own kitchen, my own husband (he is only coming on the weekends)... Remind me again that this will be fun!! :)
Here are some pics from Savannah:
The view of the river from our hotel room at night

The streets were lined with green trees and charming mansions

Oh and horses that I almost ran into while I was looking down at the map while driving!

I loved looking at all of the houses!

River Road - made of cobblestone!
And our ride - all they had left at the rental car place. We definitely got some looks as we drove through some scarier parts of town by the hospital and the birthmom's apartment (in the projects, cockroaches everywhere!!!!) :)
9 comments:
thanks for rubbing it in :) it looks soooo pretty there. better than St Louis, and I loved it there!
That looks like a pretty place..
I love to see new places!
Sounds stressful like most adoptions are! But sounds like it went well..
Good luck getting stuff in order!!Utah for a month! I can only do a week there then I am more then ready to come back to AZ~ :)
I love the picture with the water and the lights!!!
My Savannah loved looking at the pictures of the place she was named after! Fun trips. And you get to have some great {although I'm sure stressful} experiences through out it all.
BTW-the 'stang is hawt!
I've never been to Savannah, but it looks beautiful. So green, and I love the colonial looking houses. I'd love to visit there sometime.
Savannah looks so pretty! Sounds like a fun trip!
I am so excited for you guys to come here! I know what you mean about your own bed and own house and own everything! Vacations are fun, but I love coming back to normal life! I am going to make Kellen take us to Georgia, it looks beautiful!
I have always wanted to go to Savannah...Noah has promised the next time we go to Florida to visit his parents. Why are you going to UT for a month?? I'm glad you had a good time!!
her hair looks so pretty! she's adoreable!
Post a Comment