Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Scheduled!



I did it - scheduled my eye surgery. As of July 17th, I will be able to see without these bottle caps I call glasses. It is still very surreal, and downright scary when I think about the risks, but there are far more benefits than risks. Like being able to go to the bathroom in the middle of the night without having to feel all around the night stand for my glasses. Or being able to swim without spotted glasses. Better yet, being able to fall asleep at naptime with Maya and actually see her face instead of the blurb across the bed from me. Oh I can't wait!

So as we depart tomorrow for our month long excursion to Utah, Wyoming, Idaho and wherever else we end up, I can honestly say, "I will return to this 113 degree hell hole - I have something very exciting to look forward to!" Until then, I am not sure how much I will blog. Wish me luck!

8 comments:

Debbie said...

OH yeah!! So glad you get to have your surgery!!
Have a great trip! At least you'll be out of the heat!!

Kyle said...

YEA! Have fun on your trip...I'm glad you have your eye surgery to look forward to otherwise we probably wouldn't see you again :)

Courtney said...

Thats VERY exciting! Have fun on your trip!! GOOD LUCK with everything! :)

Mariel said...

Awesome! You will love your eye surgery! My husband did and I've been wanting it bad...but, I think I'll wait a little longer. Have a fun vacation!

Kim Carson said...

Ya who! I bet you are so excited! I have never had it done, but the people I know that have absolutely love it!!

Ryan and Shannan Hoffman said...

I can't wait to see you! :) The weather is beautiful here, it is warming up, but it will probably feel cold to you. Have a safe trip up here and we will see you soon.

Shelly said...

Good for you, so brave. :-) Have fun!

Shanell said...

AHHH that is so exciting! Dale wants to do that too but hasn't gotten the courage yet. Congrats. Have a blast on your trek. That sounds like a lot of fun.