Sunday, June 22, 2008

Safe and Sound in Wyoming

We made it! The kids did remarkably well on the 11 hour drive. Jeremy's good friend Rowdy got married on Thursday. The kids had so much fun at his reception dancing and playing outside in cooler weather.

Friday we went camping with Jeremy's family. It was SO much fun to camp, canoe, go on walks, fish, roast marshmallows and just spend quality time with family. The kids were in heaven and completely covered from head to toe in dirt by the time we were done on Saturday. So we took them swimming at the rec center. There is a big water slide that Maya loves to go down by herself and then she also decided to go off of the high dive by herself. That girl has no fear! I didn't have my camera, but Jer's mom did so I will have to get some pics from her. Saturday night we celebrated a belated Father's Day and took Grandpa Tony to one of his favorite restaurants, Don Pedros in Heber.

Today we went to church with Jer's family and then I headed up to Wyoming to my grandparent's house with my mom and the kids. They had a fun afternoon of playing with the kittens and enjoying the great outdoors (really, they live in the middle of nowhere, but my kids love it!).

Jeremy flew back to AZ today :(. We are sure going to miss him, but someone needs to bring home the bacon for this family - love you honey!!!

Tomorrow we are headed to Idaho (can you believe how much driving we are doing?!) to see my aunt and her family. Should be a great time since Maya can't get enough of my cousin Koby! Then we are back here for a couple days and then on to Logan for my cousin's wedding.

There you have it! My camera is full of pictures I need to post, but I forgot my cord to transfer them so until I can find someone with a cord or take my memory card to a store (no stores here in small town Wyoming!), you don't get pictures yet!

Off to bed!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

If you have a free hour or so when you're in Utah, I would LOVE to meet you "for reals"!! We're in N. UT county, but I'll drive up to SL if I need to!

Kyle said...

Glad you guys are having fun! Can't wait to see the pictures!

Shanell said...

That is some fun times. I need relatives in cooler climates.

Debbie said...

sounds like you are having a good time!
At least the weather is cool!

Traci said...

Did you get any pictues of the wedding? I want to see! Glad you are having fun. Be safe.

auburn and chris said...

So glad you are having fun... I want to see picks of rowdy's wedding when you get back. Maybe I will make a call to Jeremy tonight and see if he needs any food... Gary is so bored! He has called Chris, I think, 3 times!

Thank again for last week. We had so much fun at your house and always love catching up. You guys are the best