Last week was Spring Break so we didn't have dance class, music class or playgroup. I thought we might get bored, but we managed to fill time by playing at the park, going to the zoo, having a playdate with Alexa and Niki, going to "Maya's school" aka Basha's daycare, helping teach a black hair care class to adoptive and foster parents, going to Peter Piper Pizza, and swimming and spending time with my brother's family who is in town.
Easter festivities consisted of a breakfast and egg hunt on Saturday morning at the park. Kenyon had a fever on Friday night so we hesitated about going, but it was gone Saturday morning. By the time we got done though, it was back. So we spent all day Saturday keeping him drugged so it wouldn't spike again. Sunday morning he still had it so we didn't even get to go to church on Easter - that was strange! The kids found their Easter baskets here and then later on we went to my moms for an egg hunt and yummy ham dinner. Sunday night we decided to take Kenyon in to the clinic thinking he might have an ear infection. He didn't - just a virus! My mom kept Maya overnight at her house and let me tell you, our house is SO quiet with just one kid. Kind of nice, but kind of lonely too.
Here are some recent pics!
Not the best Easter Bunny picture, but I planned on going back in their Easter clothes and didn't make it
Having fun with AlexaWe left Keegan and Kenyon in here playing for a while
Kenyon was happy with just one egg
10 comments:
You are such a good blogger. It takes me weeks to update my posts. Your little family is so cute.
p.s.
I’m so jealous of the yummy weather. It’s still so cold here.
Cute pictures..I love the one with Maya wearing the googles...I didn't see her wearing those on Saturday..she is so funny! I also love the one of Maya and Nathan..too cute!
I hope Kenyon feels better soon!
You really are a busy body!! I'm glad you had a nice weekend. I love Kenyon's pool hair and Maya's goggles..very cute! Hope Kenyon feels better really soon!!
So cute! I love the picture of the kids on the giant easter bunny. So fun! The kids are darling.
So I am listening to your new favorite song while looking at your blog. Kinda fitting. I love all the pictures. This will sound weird but I LOVE Kenyon's shoes and have been trying to talk myself into getting some. I know that I would love them and he would be able to move around really well in them. Maybe when he starts walking I will have to give in. I want to get Kendry some now that they make her size. Easter looked like tons of fun!!
The hunt would have been worthwhile just to see Maya in those goggles! Hehe!
I'm not kidding...you stress me out just reading about how much you pack into your life! How do you find time to teach a black hair class?? I wish you lived out this way. My cousin just adopted a sweet little black baby...she would love to meet you.
Cute pics! You forgot shopping at san tan with Deb and julie! That was a highlght for me!!shopping without kids is always fun!
Brittany
i don't know if i know you or not. i got your name off of BeauDee's blog. I now live in AZ also, but i did grow up with Beau in UT I have been reading your posts because my husband and i are about to adopt an apache baby. Due on the 18 of April. have you ever done a private adotion? I have so so many ?'s could you help me? Thanks Amber Spader-Roberts
Amber,
I have no way to get a hold of you, but if you see this email me: britanyut@yahoo.com.
Post a Comment