My daughter has cavities! I try to be so careful about not letting her drink too much juice, eat too much candy and she doesn't go to bed with a drink, but lo and behold she has 2 cavities. When I found out several weeks back, I couldn't even post about it because I was feeling like a pretty bad Mama. Then I talked to the dentist (who is a friend that attends our church). He reassured me that even his kids get cavities. Whew!
So today was the big day for the fillings. I wasn't worried because she loves the doctor and getting shots and was perfect when he did her check-up. She climbed right up there and asked to watch a movie. She was right at home with Diego on! Then they wanted to put the gas nose on. She was not going for it. I asked her what treat she wanted afterwards and she said an orange - great answer for the dentist to hear! :) So then she put the mask on and did amazing. At one point she said it hurt. He apologized and she said, "That's okay." Her humor had them cracking up!
As we were walking out of the office, she started crying for them to "Take it off her lips!" She meant the numbness. She cried and cried! It was so sad to see my tough girl who rarely cries having such a hard time. She was even asking for scissors to cut it off - meaning cut off her lips! :) She was biting her lip a ton and it is pretty mangled up now. I tried many things to calm her and finally a wet washcloth did the trick. After a while she said, "My lip is better" and was back to her typical self again.
7 comments:
OH gosh..I am dreading it!!Kenna has to go soon!
Maya is too funny! I am glad her lip is feeling better!
poor girl! That picture is sad/cute!
We've had dentist trips too. I'm glad it was only a few cavities. What a trooper.
Oh..I feel for her! I used to assist on small kids and had to hold their hands down and try to calm them...it is so hard! I'm glad she did so well and is doing better now too! :)
How funny! She is one brave little girl.
What a great story! When you mentioned that she rarely cries, it reminded me of the time we decided to go on a walk in the 100 degree weather and we didn't have a sun shade for Maya. Oh dear!!!!!! I still feel bad about that. Come on, Brittney! I need the exercise.
And the braids....amazing.
Post a Comment