Thursday, October 11, 2007

Palm Springs Excursion

We are home! We had such a good time. I have created a slide show below highlighting our events. We saw flamingos at the hotel, went to the Living Desert Zoo, watched Maya dance in the streets at the Farmer's Market/Villagefest in downtown Palm Springs, swam, went on a boat tour of our resort, shopped our hearts out and so much more! My dad golfed every day and when Jeremy got there, he golfed with him. They were in heaven and so were we. Our villa had 2 bedrooms and 2 bathrooms so we had our own space which was great. Maya slept in my parents' room and would wake them up in the middle of the night wanting to get in bed with them. I had given them the lecture ahead of time that if they let her one night, she would do it every night. We all know how she runs them so they ended up with little Maya in bed with them every night. I am sure they are relieved to be home and have their bed back!

Some funny moments on the trip:

I have always thought AZ had quite a few old people - nothing like Palm Springs! They were constantly commenting on how beautiful our kids are. One lady, in particular, was telling us how cute they are as we were leaving a restaurant. She turned to Maya and said, "I could take you home!" As we walked away Maya said, "I not go home with her. That lady is silly!" and then she did this loud, silly laugh that she does.

After Maya had used the restroom in our hotel one time, she said, "What's that?" pointing to a bar of soap. You know it is 2007 when an almost 3 year old doesn't know what a bar of soap is because we always use liquid or foam! :)

There was an earthquake in the middle of the night and it woke my parents and Maya, but not Jeremy and I. We had just been up with sick Kenyon (see below) so we must have fallen back into a deep sleep and not heard it. Too bad - I have never felt one before.

A not so funny moment is that Kenyon got sick and was vomiting. It reminded me of a nightmarish trip to Utah in June where he also got sick and threw up, but that time I didn't have my wonderful husband to help. Jer was so good to get up with him during the 2 nights in a row of puke! He is doing better now, but still really fussy.



There were 7 pools at our resort. The best one was this 1 foot pool because we could just hang out on the lounge chairs while Maya swam and swam. She made some little friends and it was so cute to watch them play.


3 comments:

Shane Meredith Mason and Kendall said...

looks like a ton of fun! But poor Kenyon! What is it..when you go out of town he get the flu?? Makes you just want to stay home Im sure!

Melissa said...

I always had sick kids when we traveled. I hope he is better. Looks like a fun trip1

auburn and chris said...

seriously... we love her (and kenyon, too)... Nothing shy of entertaining. Can't wait to see you guys next week!