This has been a week and it is only Wednesday. On Monday I realized that Kenyon had been super fussy for almost 2 weeks so I took him to the doctor. We found out he had an ear infection so they put him on antibiotics. I thought that was the end of the madness...
Fast forward to today. First of all, Kenyon was up off and on all night. We are letting him cry it out, but I lay there awake listening to him.
Maya woke up for the day at 5:30 am - ouch!
Around 7:00, Maya accidentally poked Kenyon in the eye with some ribbons that she was waving around in front of his face. He cried, but I thought he would be okay.
9:00 - I take Maya to the doctor to get a flu shot. I realized that Kenyon's eye was watering quite a bit still. He has a clogged tear duct in that eye so it always waters, but it seemed more than normal. I asked the nurse about it and she said to schedule an appointment. I was like, ARE YOU KIDDING ME? I have to go out of here and then come back later to another appointment. She said I could wait and see what it looked like tomorrow.
Off we went to Target and music class. By the time music class was over and we were headed to lunch, Kenyon was SCREAMING as soon as we would walk outside and the sunlight would hit his eye. I decided to call the doctor's office. They were out of appointments for the day :(. By this time, it is naptime and both kids are losing it.
I decide to take him to the Urgent Care. Thankfully, they were not busy, but it was a far from easy doctor's visit. The doctor, the nurse and I had to hold Kenyon down to put drops in his eye while he was kicking and screaming. All the while, Maya is crying and yelling, "Don't hurt my brother!"
The diagnosis: corneal abrasion.
The treatment: antibiotic eye drops twice a day (to go with the oral antibiotics he is taking for his ear infection).
We left the doctor's office and all 3 of us came home and napped. After Jeremy came home, I treated myself to a pedicure and night out of shopping with my mom - the best therapy around!!
6 years ago
3 comments:
poor guy, and poor you!!OK, call my DR TODAY, they would of gotten you in FOR SURE. I have called at 4:30 for stuff and they stay for me to come in! Yours cant be filled up at noon! Hang in there!!!! When he is on a mission you will miss all this! ha!
That stinks. Good thing you listened to your instincts. You deserved a pedicure for sure!
Sounds like quite the mommy day! I'm glad that you had Kenyon checked though..scary for all of you! Hope you did LOTS of shopping...you deserved it!!
Post a Comment