I realized while I was in Utah that I hadn't posted about Kenyon for a while because I was getting questions all of the time about his fussiness and the legal stuff. So here is the update:
No, he is not nearly as fussy anymore. Thanks goodness! He is still a fussy baby, but mostly just during the evening hours now. I don't know if it was the reflux medicine, soy formula or just that he outgrew it, but regardless, we are all much happier. So since coming home from our trip, I have taken him off of his reflux meds and he seems to be fine. I am so thankful for that because it will save money and it was also a pain to give them every morning at the same time. He is also becoming a fabulous sleeper. Just like with Maya, the minute we lay him down with his pacifier, he goes to sleep. I sure love that when I am at my wits end and it is nap time :).
Now for the legal stuff. We still don't know much. Our attorney has tried to keep in touch with the birthfather's attorney, but he is not that great about returning calls. When she does talk to him, he says, "I will check with him and see what he wants to do." Then weeks go by and nothing happens. So last week after talking to him and having him tell her that he doesn't think the birthfamily is going to do anything else, she sent a letter to the judge asking that he terminate his rights since he hasn't done anything. In an ideal world, the judge will just terminate them. In a not so ideal world, he will schedule a hearing to terminate them so that the birthfather and his attorney have a fair chance. I would almost prefer the second option so that we know he has been given his chance and chosen not to go any further. In my heart, I truly believe that he (and his family) do not want to parent Kenyon, but rather they wanted to at least say they fought for him so that they don't feel guilty later on. It makes complete sense to me. I just hope and pray that we will be able to send pictures to Kenyon's birthmother and birthfather and keep a somewhat open adoption because we believe this is healthiest for the kids.
6 years ago
0 comments:
Post a Comment