After we brought Kenyon home, I thought there was no way I would ever get back to my busy life of playdates, errands and lunches out. Before Kenyon, Maya and I were always on the go. I had almost decided that now I would live a life of being a true "stay at home mom." I had decided that I couldn't go anywhere without my mom or Jer present.
Well in the last week, I have proved this wrong and feel like I am back in my game. Here is a list of things we have done:
-gone to a movie
-went to the mall: played at the play area, ate lunch, rode the carousel
-ate lunch at Cafe Rio (or Taco Rio as Maya calls is!)
-gone to Target and Blockbuster in one outing
-and I am sure there is more although I can't think of anything else right now
It feels so empowering to take the kids more and more places on my own. When I was a teacher, I felt really proud when a lesson went really well. Now I am proud to make it out of the house - oh how times change! I just couldn't resist sharing my biggest accomplishment in life! :)
6 years ago
2 comments:
yea for you! I know what you mean! But it is still a TON easier when someone is there to help!
Good for you!! You just gotta do it! I go crazy when I stay home all day! I would much rather take them somewhere and struggle a bit! :) It took a while to start doing it though! You kind of have to build up your nerve...:)
DEBBIE
Post a Comment