Friday, July 13, 2007

Our Poor Babysitter

This was a big week! We left Kenyon with a babysitter for the 1st time (other than grandparents). Now it isn't that I am against leaving my kids with sitters, I was just scared for the sitter to deal with my fussy baby (who is not nearly as fussy as he once was, but is still fussy). So on Tuesday morning I left him with our #1 sitter, Megan, while I went shopping and out to lunch with my mom. He did great!

Well then I asked her if she could watch them again tonight while we went on a date. I warned her that he is much fussier in the evening, but I don't know if she was prepared for it. At 7:00 she text messaged me saying he had been fed, burped, changed, and he was still crying. I wrote back and told her to just put him in his bed. Thankfully, he went right to sleep. I feel so bad that she had to deal with so much fussiness before that, but at the same time, I can't even tell you how nice it was to go out to dinner with just the 2 of us.

We sure love you Megan!!

3 comments:

Shane Meredith Mason and Kendall said...

sounds fun ! did you go somewhere good? was it just the 2 of you? sounds SO nice!

Julie said...

You're so lucky to have a great sitter you can depend on like that. Hope date night was nice!

Britany said...

We just went to Joes BBQ in Gilbert. Nothing too fancy, but we really like it. Yes, it was just the 2 of us - so nice to talk without disruption!