Tuesday, July 31, 2007

Our Trip to California

If you have been wondering where we have been... We took a trip to California! We left Thursday afternoon and came home Sunday night (well it was actually Monday morning at 3:00 a.m. because our plane was delayed). We had such a great time! Jer's brother, Justin, his wife, Midori, and their son, Kai, live there less than a mile from the beach. We stayed at their house and they were so good to us. They even let us sleep in their room so we would have more space for the kids - thanks guys! Jer's parents along with his sister, Tiffany, and cousin were also in town so it was fun to see them.
Here are some pictures highlighting our trip. Enjoy!

One morning at 5 a.m. I couldn't find Maya anywhere. Finally I looked under our bed and there she was with her blanket over her head, fast asleep.

Jer and Maya playing in the water

Maya and I in the water

Maya and Kai helped Jer build a HUGE hole in the ground and then they buried Tiffany and Brent in it. The best part was that the little ones were trapped in there so we didn't have to worry about them escaping for a while.

Maya pretending to surf like Daddy

We went to a Children's Museum type place called Kidspace. We met my friend Elise there who has 2 kids (Claire and Kyndra) that are within a month of my kids' ages.

Maya trying out a tricycle at Kidspace

Kyndra and Kenyon playing together (Elise, I need a picture of Maya and Claire together - I didn't have any!)

After getting home from the beach on the first day, I realized that I didn't take a picture of Kenyon on his first trip to the beach because he was sleeping. So we went back and took a pic of him sleeping in the car seat.

1 comments:

Shane Meredith Mason and Kendall said...

ha, that is funny about the picture of Kenyon...good thing you got the "1st time at the beach!" And I LOVE the one of Maya under the bed. that girl cracks me up!
Looks like you had fun!