Have I ever mentioned what a great dad Jer is??!! He is gone out of town to Utah until Sunday. He only left yesterday afternoon, but boy do we miss him. I love that the minute he walks in the door, I hand over Maya to him. He allows me to go run errands or just sit and type on the computer while him and Maya play "b-ball" (what Maya calls basketball, baseball, soccer, golf, etc.), play with toys, go to the park or any other fun activity that daddies do. I really can't complain because last night I got a sitter and went to play Bunko with a friend so I wasn't stuck home, but we still miss him. Today we are going (drum roll...) SHOPPING with Mama (are you surprised??!!). Tomorrow we have a friend's birthday party and then Jer comes home Sunday so the weekend will fly by, but we sure do miss our daddy still!
An interesting side note is that Maya, my usually good sleeper, is not a good sleeper when Jer is gone. She woke up at 2:30 am and wanted to stay up and talk until 3:30 am. I think she misses the safety we feel when daddy is around. We both do! I think we will have a slumber party at Papa and Mama's house on Saturday night so mommy can sleep in on Sunday morning - Sure hope Papa wants to play with Maya at 7:00 am!

0 comments:
Post a Comment